max is very aggressive

Ok so we picked max up a few days ago and when we first got hin home he seemed fine.. Was treat trained to sit, paw ect

Yesterday however it started to go wrong.. we was at my parents having a BBQ max went and got onto my dads bed.. when my dad went to get him off max bit him and then proceeded to pee on my dads bed.. and has biten my dad again later on due to trying to get max off the sofa.

He has also started barked and baring his teeth when certain people enter the room his in.

He is uncut.. but im really getting worried now as was sold to us as a child friendly dog and well he does not seem that friendly to even adults :(

To be fair you have only had him a few days, and he has gone straight into a house full of people he dont know around him, you need to give him time and not throw him into the deep end straight away.

How did your dad try to get him off the bed? if he tried to grab him or push him he might of thought he was under threat from a complete stranger in a place he is not use to, you will however need to get him use to your parents asap as this incident has now given him hope he is the alph male and he will do it again.....

i agree with tony hes only just moved in with u he will b scared - just like a new puppy being taken away from his litter mates hes bin taken away from his old home and put in2 a house full ov strangers with another dog he doesnt no - give him a few days 2 settle in introduce new people slowy and im sure he will b fine just give him time

You Boy is the same age we got our Grey and he had similar ways, he would Pee and poo everywhere and it was a nightmare he was also a bit wary of strangers, it does take time and a lot of patience so dont fly off the handle with him when he makes mistakes it really is not his fault, tell people to offer the back of there hand slowly when greeting so he can have a sniff and make his own mind up, tell them not to go straight in let him go to them, he will soon be use to your family and realise that you are his new pack, keep an eye on him over the next couple of weeks and be firm when he does wrong (dont Smack) a nice firm NO.....

And treats and "good boy" when he does right - really praise the positive!

When Lexy was about that age she used to have mad moments where she would launch herself from sofa to sofa playing and refuse to give in then we would offer a treat if she came down and most of the time she did. When she didn't we ignored her - huskies don't like that too much!

One of my dogs did that to me around a similar age, she was a VERY testing adolescent.

The problem with those situations (i.e. trying to remove the dog off furniture) is that directly confronting them can be dangerous if they decide to take you up on the challenge. That happened to me with my young dog and I learnt from it and didn't do it again.

Instead I taught her an off command to get her off the furniture in a non-confronting way. Reward the dog for getting off the furniture with a treat, when they are reliable, phase it out. It worked well for me and I never had a problem again, I also now have no problem removing my dog by picking her up and shifting her etc.

Just to add to the good advice given already.

1. get him seen by a vet and mention his behaviour. It could be a nurological problem and any *good* behaviourist will want that done before they see him.

2. You don't know his full back ground, so it is saffer to assume that something has gone wrong in his previous home. IT could be that he has been badly handled before eg pulled about by the collar, alpha rolled or hit. This may be the reason he is reacting. Defending himself from new people while he can/before they have a chance to get him.

3. As he is biting you want to avoid situations where he shows this behaviour. Avoid leaving high value items around such as treats and toys. Ask him to sit before you enter the room then reward him with a treat. Keep a treat bag on you so when he is showing good behaviour you can reward him. You can leave his lead on when you are in the house so that if you need to get hold of him you are not grabbing his collar- But make sure you ask him to do something before you inforce it. You can also try lureing him off the bed/sofa with a treat.

4. shut doors to the rooms you dont want him in. He only goes in the living room when you are in there and never in the bedrooms.

5. No shouting, yelling, hitting or grabbing of the dog. Its not nice being bitten and it is instinct to fight back but its very important you keep everythin gin the house hold calm. When people come in and out they need to ignore the dog. No eye contact, no talking and no touching. He needs to relax in his new enviroment. You and your family should be the only people doing stuff with him at the moment and I would advice to keep house calm and quiet. You should position his bed away from everyone in a seperate room if you can so that he can hide in his own space. You could also get a dog crate for this so he has somewere he feels safe

and as linda said, get yourself a qualified behaviourist in there to work on this with you. He has only been in your home a few days so there is clearly something wrong for him to act like this with strangers. Its more than likley fear based, but you will need someone there to show you what to do with him.

he was crated and bent the door open.. not been vet checked yet but will be going when we take our other for her check up which is next week.. I did see in the house we got him from 1 of there children used to pull him about by his tail but he was still very nice and friendly to her... He has now also taken to he will not eat out his food bowl has to be out your hand or your food.. got a good pet behaverist we know from when she first started so will get her in to see him.. found out a price to get him Done to get him in there to try and help carlm him a bit..

thank you all ever so much for your advice