Introduction

Hi all!

I think I'm doing the introduction in the right place. The mobile menus look quite a bit different than Marc's desktop photos.

I've had huskies for 10 years now and I love them! Came across this forum while looking for some specific info and decided to join up 🙂

I currently have 3 red huskies. One of each coat type, ironically they are family. I have a standard, wooly, and the in between, sometimes referred to as plush. Mom is the plush, daughter is standard, son is wooly. However, the wooly still has the course guard hairs as well as the undercoat, but his hair is just 4in long. So I'm honestly not sure if he's technically a "wooly" snow does not stick to his fur at all and he's never bothered by the cold. And I live in the UP of Michigan.

Daughter on left, son on right. 20231115_205520.thumb.jpg.2f1cb530861199dae607a7e2927b9551.jpg

Anyway, happy to be here and meet you all!

Welcome to all of you.   I have never seen a husky as red as your two 'kids'.  Fantastic colouring.    I have one 'normal' and one woolly - he also has guard hairs  - but his fur is considerably longer.   Must admit I prefer the woollies  - even though taking care of the coat is a nightmare.    My boy tends not to shed  -  the hair still comes off  - but refuses to drop until he is bathed ........  then its like an arctic snowstorm when I put the blaster on him.    He looks around 4-5 kilos lighter once dry.

• 3 weeks later...

A Husky puppy, known for its striking appearance and playful demeanor, is a young member of the Siberian Husky breed. These puppies are cherished for their beautiful coat, which often features a combination of colors such as black, white, gray, or copper, and their bright blue or multicolored eyes.

Husky puppies are known for their boundless energy and love for playtime. They are intelligent, curious, and affectionate animals, often forming strong bonds with their human families. However, they can also be quite independent and may exhibit a stubborn streak, especially during training.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I’ve been here since 2012. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I’ve been through it all. Had an epileptic husky that passed away in 2021. A rescue that I had to say goodbye to in March 2023 and currently have a 12 year old boy and a 6 month old puppy.