thin sibe

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant news! Ive just started the BARF about a week ago now so not fully introduced to it but already seen excellant changed to mine. Gizmo and Bandit have filled out nicely so they don't look so skinny now, haven't weighed them though yet will be soon as due to be frontlined in few days. Not had no runny poo either and they love it! They are eating their veggies too but only like them fresh as don't like the ones you buy already mixed and processed that you can put in the freezer! Luckily our butcher feeds his dogs on the same diet so understands what I need and sells it cheap as well and said he can mince the meat up with bone, etc if needed but they are fine eating it whole

• 3 weeks later...

I can see what you mean by looking thin. He is very long legged which is probably what makes him look so thin. Looking closley I can't see any sign of ribs showing through which you can usually spot if a dog is underweight nor does his waist look sunk right in. His weight also seems ok aswell.

Bandit looks skinny when he is stood up but he is about 25kgs in weight and feeling his sides his ribs are not sticking right out either.

wow taz does look thin at 7 months <<< he looks how my girl looked at 7 months, BARF is the best way for weight gaining and general health, here's an earlier post and it has some great links and such:

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17596#post17596

i have two sibes, one boy and one girl>>both from the same litter, now the boy looks huge and the girl looks very lean, however the boy weighs 22kg and the girl weighs 20kg >>> so he's only 2kg more which was a real shock << and your weigh more than mine and mine are 9 months lol:eek:

i think SW is a great example, marely looks really chunky and heavier than bandit but actually bandit is heavier than marely....:verwirrt:

here are some pics of my two, this was alaska at 7 months and we were rather concerned:

[ATTACH]1019.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1021.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1022.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1023.IPB[/ATTACH]

as you can see at 7 months balto (the boy>>pie-bald) was huge lol, and alaska was very leggy aswell...

heres a recent pic of alaska:

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420&page=2

<< couldnt upload them soz...and she is still very lean, i think it's just how sibes grow, you'll soon see how they fill out lol:D

post-126-13585942216128_thumb.jpg

post-126-1358594221725_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585942218436_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585942219383_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585942220251_thumb.jpg

we have taz on the barf diet, we r also feeding him satin balls, he eats a fair bit , on average each day he has 1lb of satin ball, a 400g block of meat, at least 6 chicken wings, his veg slop, and a peice of fruit, and at least 3 times a week he has oats with youghart and fruit, he has probiotic yog each day as well,so i know he isnt starvin, i just wish he would sit still sometimes to see if he is just too active lol

taz at 7 months still lookin thin picture.php?albumid=120&pictureid=1136

She doesn't look too thin...She is just delicate. People have all different body shapes so why not dogs?

I have Bear on a brand called Blue Buffalo. It is all organic, uses white chicken breast as first ingredient, no by products or fillers.

BLUE Organics

the only organic dog food

with LifeSource Bits

For many families, eating organically has become a way of life. Now you can provide your four-legged family member with the same benefits of the organic diet you enjoy. BLUE Organics dog food contains the finest organic ingredients, plus the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants of our exclusive LifeSource Bits.

Organic Deboned ChickenThe first ingredient, deboned chicken is a great-tasting source of high quality protein and provides the basic flavor of our premium organic dog food.

Organic Whole GrainsOrganic whole ground brown rice, oatmeal and whole ground barley are some of the best ingredients for dog food and provide complex carbohydrates for energy and high fiber to promote healthy digestion.

Organic Vegetables and FruitsOrganic peas and blueberries supply the nutrients and antioxidants that are the essential building blocks of better health.

The Benefits of Our Exclusive LifeSource Bits.

LifeSource Bits contain a precise blend of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists. These include ingredients that have been shown to help strengthen your dogs immune system, support their specific life stage requirements and protect them from the negative impact of environmental toxins. And, unlike other brands that add vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, LifeSource Bits are coldformed to preserve their full potency.

Ingredients

Organic Deboned Chicken, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Oatmeal, Chicken Meal, Organic Ground Barley, Organic Ground Millet, Salmon Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Organic Canola Oil, Natural Chicken Flavor, Organic Blueberries, Organic Dried Egg, Potatoes, Organic Peas, Calcium Carbonate, Alfalfa Meal, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Salmon Oil (source of Natural Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Choline Chloride, Salt, Organic Sunflower Oil (source of Natural Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Organic Kelp Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Turmeric, Organic Parsley, Dried Chicory Root, Organic Garlic, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Zinc), Iron Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Iron), Copper Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Copper), Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Cobalt Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Cobalt), Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Aspergillus niger, Enterococcus faecum, Trichoderma longbrachiatum, Bacillus subtilus.

think we may have solved the problem lol, have just been playin on google , with his kc pedigree in hand, n he seems to have a lot of forstal, rajarani, and zeros of tupilak in him, looked at the pic's and they seem to be quite renound for racing dogs, and they all seem to have the same long legs as taz, so i can stop worring lol