Rehoming our only option?

Hi all, 

Please be kind with me on this, it hurts more than I can even describe. 

I can’t believe I’m writing this and honestly I don’t really know how I’m going to follow this through and do it. 

But my girl husky out of the blue attacked my older dog yesterday as he slept which caused a pack effect with her brother and they both went mad on him. His ear has been torn badly and he is an absolute nervous wreck. I am struggling to even get him to get out in the garden. 

2 of my 3 young children witnessed this and it was extremely distressing. They now are doing anything to get to my other dog which seems in an excitable way but I obviously don’t trust this. 

I know we can’t live like this, but at the same time I don’t know what to do and I can’t imagine my life without them. 

I don’t think it would be possible to re home them together and I can only think of how upset I and they would be if we were to rehome them. 

I absolutely will not shelter them for rehoming but I don’t know what to do. How do I ensure a perfect home?! 

This is not something I am taking likely and it is causing nothing but hurt for us.

For what it is worth - you will only get agreement from me.   You need to at least rehome the aggressor  (female)  if she had not attacked then her brother would not have done.

Your older dog does not need to live out his few remaining years in fear.      My advice is to part company with her  - keep the brother.   There are dedicated husky rehoming centres dotted around the UK  -  I got my latest boy from one.    Can you guarantee it will not happen again?     You need to get her away from your older dog as soon as possible.     If there had been no people around your old dog would have died.

Think about it logically  -  think with your head  - not your heart.

Thank you very much for replying. 
I know it’s what needs to be done it’s just so hard and it would need to be the absolute perfect home. 
She is so set on getting to him and I have no idea why now all of a sudden. 

Thanks again for your response