6 year old Siberian Husky male

Hello,

I have an incredible Siberian Husky named Luca.  He is the fittest dog I've seen and walks with me at least a hour a day.  He jumps in and out of my truck daily.  Last Tuesday morning he got up as usual.  When he came back into the house he was limping badly.  He was in obvious pain.  I waited a day and took him to the vet.  She gave him a pain med- anti inflammatory drug and said if it didn't get better to bring him back for X Rays.  He has gotten a little better but still is limping.  It's his rear hip that she says is the issue.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

I am afraid I have no idea - it could be an injury to a paw, ankle, knee, hip, it could be something squishing a nerve in his spine,  it could be hip/knee dysplasia  -  we have not seen the dog and we are not vets.   You did the right thing in taking your dog to your vet - lets hope it resolves itself soon  - please let us know how your dog gets on. 

On 3/15/2022 at 2:26 AM, Viv said:

What do you do for her with arthritis?

Shes on anti-inflammatory medication for the arthritis,  she also has degenerative bone disease in her spine that she takes tralieve for (dog tramadol) and still goes for her walks every day tho she's 12 now and weve only just started to make her walks a bit shorter now as she can't go for quite as long anymore