yash

Yash

Hi so I currently own a 5-year old male husky. Another 4-year old husky has come up for adoption-his family doesn't want him anymore and they're going to leave him at a shelter. My husky is pretty well behaved. Do you think it's a good idea to adopt it? I really want to give it it's forever home.

54 minutes ago, Yash said:

Hi so I currently own a 5-year old male husky. Another 4-year old husky has come up for adoption-his family doesn't want him anymore and they're going to leave him at a shelter. My husky is pretty well behaved. Do you think it's a good idea to adopt it? I really want to give it it's forever home.

So long as they get on and you can afford a second and have the time for them both then why not give it a try and see 

I had had Marley 4 years before we adopted Mikey  (6 months younger)  -  it took nearly a year to get Mikey to settle in and get on with Marley  - but he had a very poor start in life  and thought humans (particularly females) were out to 'get' him  - and other dogs were to be dominated and put in their place.

It took patience and time, constant vigil,  -  he still does not 'play nice'  has never learned to share, but Marley is the most tolerant dog I have ever had  -  so the pair have settled in well together, back each other up and seek each other's reassurance whenever the wicked female of the house says 'no' to yet another blatent attempt to get another  lamb's rib  or liver treat.

If the two dogs get on  - fantastic  go for it.   If they even tolerate each other  -  with time and patience they will end up  forming a bond  - and you will have twice the trouble, mischief,  fun and love in your life.