Husky eye color change!!

Rej

My 8-month siberian husky has recently changed eye color. Last week, she suddenly felt weak, loss of appetite, and persistent vomiting (that was only on Day 1 but she doesn't vomit now), we thought this is because she is in heat as presented by her inflamed vulva. She initially has ocean blue eyes but then as days passed, it turned into greenish-yellowish eyes. Her vet told us it is because of the ticks sucking her blood but I am not sure if that correlates with the eye color change. All of this happened 4 days ago, she is still somehow weak, there is still loss of appetite, does not vomit anymore but her urine is yellowish. Her eye color remains the same-green. This is our first time to take care of a husky so we are a bit worried. I searched about it and it states there that it is natural for huskies to change eye color. I need an advice from this community. Thank you so much!

My 8-month siberian husky has recently changed eye color. Last week, she suddenly felt weak, loss of appetite, and persistent vomiting (that was only on Day 1 but she doesn't vomit now), we thought this is because she is in heat as presented by her inflamed vulva. She initially has ocean blue eyes but then as days passed, it turned into greenish-yellowish eyes. Her vet told us it is because of the ticks sucking her blood but I am not sure if that correlates with the eye color change. All of this happened 4 days ago, she is still somehow weak, there is still loss of appetite, does not vomit anymore but her urine is yellowish. Her eye color remains the same-green. This is our first time to take care of a husky so we are a bit worried. I searched about it and it states there that it is natural for huskies to change eye color. I need an advice from this community. Thank you so much!

I hope the vet got rid of the ticks  - you did not say.  I would invest in a tick removal tool and check her daily  - especially after walks in grassy areas.   Did he give advice on possible reasons for the vomitting?    I have never had a female dog  but would not put her illness down to being in season.    If urine goes darker it is usually because they are not drinking enough water   -  i.e. dehydration   - however if they are drinking normally then there is another reason obviously.

Could she have ingested something that was 'off'?     Has the vet suggested bloodworks,  stool sample testing?

Thank you guys so much for your replies. She is somehow regaining her strength and her eyes are returning back to normal. But she still not her old energetic self. Her vet suggested to do some full diagnostic tests to her but right now, we are having problems financially due to this pandemic. But I'm gonna do everything for our little baby. Thank you again so much for the advice. 

Archived