Husky Color Question

Amarynthia

I have eight little husky puppies who will be finding homes in three weeks, but I have no clue what colors they are beyond white and people keep asking.

I am assuming Wolf Gray or Sable?? Any suggestions from pros would be appreciated since we are not breeders and the puppies came unexpectedly with our adopted husky (she is full breed).

20200321_133453.jpg

20200321_140218.jpg

20200317_174856.jpg

20200317_175050.jpg

20200317_174246.jpg

20200317_174758.jpg

20200202_122309.jpg

First of all...can I have one! They are soo cute! Second I would say some are white and others are tricolored. Also are you sure is is purebed?? To me (just my opinion) She could be part Malamute. How much does she weigh? Just looking at her and the puppies she could be a mix and the puppies might to if the pregnancy was unexpected. 

They're the cutest little things!! They are 5 weeks old today. The picture of Momma was when she was pregnant and only a week or so from dropping.

We received Momma from a breeder after someone's mother returned her due to their son (the previous owner) going to jail. She's supposed to be full breed but not AKC registered.

We are unsure of the puppies Daddy other than the previous owner having told the mother he was letting Momma "play" with his best friend's husky and she could be pregnant (back in Dec).

I did just yesterday put a Wisdom Panel DNA sample of one of the puppies in the mail. That should hopefully tell us more asap.

Here's Momma from the past few weeks.

20200301_125632.jpg

20200314_173941.jpg

wow Gorgeous dogs! Due to the brown eyes and coloring it leads me to guess that they might me Alaskan Huskies. Alaskan Huskies are mixes but are AKC registered. Alaskan huskies are mixes between siberian huskies, Malamutes, and/or german short hairs. If they are alaskan huskies then they can be considered purebreds by the AKC but are also considered mixes. 

54 minutes ago, Devynthecatwithsocks said:

Also its national puppy day so give those pups some love 😉

National puppy day in our house everyday.....lolol

• 2 weeks later...

The results are in!! This is one of the puppy's (the one we are keeping's) family tree from Momma.

Since we don't know what Daddy looked like, and the breeder we got our girl from said both of her parents were Siberian, I'm thinking Momma is the right side of the tree. Daddy I think is the left side.

The "Breed Group(s)" notation is where they detect a combination/mix, which turns out to only be two Asian group breeds, Siberian Husky and Malamute.

Maul's family tree.png

asian breed group.png

So I guess my question now is... does this mix make my puppy an Alaskan Husky or a Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute mix since they don't have a third factor (german shorthair, klee kai, etc)? Still learning so excuse my ignorance. :)

Of the Eight Pups (3 pure whites, 1 white with very faint copper coloring, 1 wolf gray, and 3 tri-colored/possibly sable?):

- 1 is bi-eyed

- 4 has blue eyes

- 1 has a mixed pigment to his eyes, both blue and hazel

- 2 have light brown eyes

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Amarynthia said:

The results are in!! This is one of the puppy's (the one we are keeping's) family tree from Momma.

Since we don't know what Daddy looked like, and the breeder we got our girl from said both of her parents were Siberian, I'm thinking Momma is the right side of the tree. Daddy I think is the left side.

The "Breed Group(s)" notation is where they detect a combination/mix, which turns out to only be two Asian group breeds, Siberian Husky and Malamute.

Maul's family tree.png

asian breed group.png

So I guess my question now is... does this mix make my puppy an Alaskan Husky or a Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute mix since they don't have a third factor (german shorthair, klee kai, etc)? Still learning so excuse my ignorance. :)

Of the Eight Pups (3 pure whites, 1 white with very faint copper coloring, 1 wolf gray, and 3 tri-colored/possibly sable?):

- 1 is bi-eyed

- 4 has blue eyes

- 1 has a mixed pigment to his eyes, both blue and hazel

- 2 have light brown eyes

They would be husky/malamute mix 

Some people call them huskamutes or aluskys 

Alaskan Huskies are not a breed they are a type , they're usually Huskies crossed with hounds to create a faster sled dog and arent usually 'pets' , you do not have Alaskan Huskies 

No such colour as tri in Huskies either so sable 

And your pup with the blue and brown in one eye is parti-eyed 

Could you add pics of your white with the red colouring ?

Archived