Falling over?

Spinstorm

I noticed this morning that my new puppy fell over for no apparent reason when greeting my mum. She was asleep and woke up and went over to say hi and fell over. 

It was only once. But as I couldn’t see any reason for it (she wasn’t jumping or running and she was on carpet so I don’t see how she could have slipped). I know when we play in the garden and she is running she has been slipping and falling over but I put that down to wet grass and her being super excited. 

I guess the question here is can your dog fall over randomly for no apparent reason without it being a reason to visit the vet? Are dogs like us - I may wake up dizzy - possibly lose my balance but feel fine after some food and a shower. ?!

Personally I would get your pup to the vet.   It could be neurological, could be a spinal issue  - or could be nothing at all, just a mis-step in cordination from a young pup  ......................... but rather a wasted £20 consultation fee than missing the early signs of something you would rather your pup not have.    If you see it happen again - I would make the appointment.

Agree with the above, I always listen to the little voice in my head that niggles me if I’m not sure about something, if you’re questioning it I’d say it’s far better to have your pup checked out, hope it’s nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived