Reminder to crate train

2Huskyfun

Hello everyone,

So fire season has begun here. It started about two weeks ago and we have had fires every day.

I was just updating the pups evacuation supplies. 4 day supply of food, water, treats, and medical. When I thought about how important it is to have the fur babies at least comfortably in a crate.

I know some people are completely against it. I myself do not crate when I leave the house. 

However, if your pups need to stay at the vets or you need to evacuate quickly, it is a lot less stressful on them if they are used to it.

Here was the notice I got to start loading them up. 

Less then 4 miles away!

4A3D4181-9132-403F-8E31-29D91CA9396B.thumb.jpeg.99ef4cdb86bead4903ac8579cd39b619.jpegAD640723-863E-41F9-8055-E3047B1174BE.thumb.jpeg.72cb1dcb3387ccf312b211ccf795ef32.jpeg

I hadn’t thought about crating for evacuating but it’s a great idea. Sarah has been crate trained since four months and it’s just normal now.

I lived in Sacramento for the 1988 fire season and well recall that particular nightmare. That was the year Sacramento almost burned to the ground. I don’t miss that. 

Stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...

We just adopted a four month old rescue pup and have started crate training. All of my other sibes have been adopted as adults, so this is new to me. Our new one sure can be vocal, but I think it is a great idea to have any dog be comfortable in a crate. Had not thought of it as fire prep, but should have since we are in socal.

3 hours ago, Hudson Blue said:

We just adopted a four month old rescue pup and have started crate training. All of my other sibes have been adopted as adults, so this is new to me. Our new one sure can be vocal, but I think it is a great idea to have any dog be comfortable in a crate. Had not thought of it as fire prep, but should have since we are in socal.

I started by feeding their breakfast and dinner in the crate. Slowly increasing the time they stayed in. 

Made it super easy 

Archived