Baffled...please help!

Dogmam

Ok this might  be a weird one. I am a newish (10 months) owner of a husky. I have had a Japanese akita (deceased) and also 3 GSD X Japanese akita (kids to deceased akita) so I'm not exactly new to a larger breed of dogs and what it entails to be a responsible owner.

So far my husky is coming in amazingly the others accepted her into the pack (one being like a mother to her) no problems there  they get on fantastically. her training is coming on brilliantly, she is fab on the lead, recall is amazing! Commands such as stop, go, heel, sit, stay, paw, fetch, leave, all the usually  basics she has mastered like a pro she is great......(noisy that's another story but GREAT!)

Anyways here where I'm confused and totally baffled.....she is obsessed with a crystal formation thing my husband and son found on a local mountain. All of them are they all want to lick it and sniff it,  but the husky. Well she is possesive over it she wont let anyone near it,  she even went for her "surrogate mum"/best buddy growling when she tried to have a look at it.... they all seem to really love it but her in particular she wouldnt go to bed last night she lay in front of the TV stand where it is all night she is now laying in the kitchen because I've had to put it away in the cupboard. She is very much my dog (despite being a family one) I'm clearly her favourite she wants nothing more to please me  and I showed utter joy when the boys brought it home could this be why she loves it so much??? Because she knows I love it she feels the need to protect it? Other than that reason I cant think of why she would be so obsessed with it. It the others they really seem to like ... I want to keep it out on the TV stand it's a stunning piece.n.. any insight into her (and theirs ) weirdness would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

The thing that makes me curious is the fact you say all your dogs love it  - and want to lick it.  Do you know what is is made of?  i.e. what type of crysals they are?

I havent a clue!! . It's a rock with Crystal's on it. I would say it's most likely limestone because  seven million tons of limestone where  removed from it and its quarries  to build a breakwater if that helps at all.. they all 

20190503_220701.jpg

Archived