Bald spot on chest??

Wolfee

My girl Freya has a bald spot on her chest, I noticed it whilst bathing her, she hasn’t been itching but it the outside of the spot has what looks like reddish brown dried blood bits in it - is this mange?? Only thing is, she’s not been itching it & her sisters haven’t got it, so I’m thinking it’s not mange as isn’t it contagious?? 

Any ideas? 

This is the best picture I can get of it — also she’s wet from a bath. 

88913FE7-AB41-4A22-BA99-EE44CCC25903.jpeg

A while back now Ice got into a fight with a fox one night and had a few small scratches on his muzzle.  Over the next few days the fur began to fall out and he had angry red skin there, so we took him to the vets.  Our other two dogs were unaffected. 

She admitted that if we hadn’t mentioned the fox altercation, she wouldn’t even have considered the possibility of mange but focussed more on something like ZRD.  She said that the scraping samples needed to test  for mange were quite deep so it would be easier just to treat it given the information we already had.   We were prescribed one meat flavoured tablet that he took quite enthusiastically and that was pretty much it treatment wise.  May have been a follow up tablet at some point but I honestly can’t remember.   His skin started recovering pretty fast after that.  

Been to the vets - it’s apparently eczema that has become infected and spread outward into a circle - he called it “wet eczema”. She’s got some cream for it, panic over 😂 hoping her fur grows back, but you can’t see it anyway I wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t scrubbing her belly & chest in her bath. 

15 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Does she play fight with your other dogs ? Maybe they could have bit her by accident 

No she never does, and if she tries the other one is an oldie so she just sits there & ignores her 😂 xx 

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:02 PM, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Ahh a hot spot,  Huskies can be quite prone to them 

Do you have any ideas on how to clear it up & get the fur to grow back? I’ve been putting e45 cream on it and the hairs do seem to be growing back, but I’m wondering if there’s anything else I can try. 

The skin isn’t wet or oozing it’s pretty normal, just the fur has gone & the outlines where the baldness stops the fur has what looks like little brown/reddish specks at the root of the fur. 

Managed to get a better picture of it. 

DBBC3BA5-EFD2-4CDA-81F4-73F6DB94616E.jpeg

Just now, Wolfee said:

Do you have any ideas on how to clear it up & get the fur to grow back? I’ve been putting e45 cream on it and the hairs do seem to be growing back, but I’m wondering if there’s anything else I can try. 

The skin isn’t wet or oozing it’s pretty normal, just the fur has gone & the outlines where the baldness stops the fur has what looks like little brown/reddish specks at the root of the fur. 

Managed to get a better picture of it. 

DBBC3BA5-EFD2-4CDA-81F4-73F6DB94616E.jpeg

She’s just been bathed when it was taken so it’s wet because of that x 

Archived