Help

BenzBellaMom

We took in a second Husky a little over a year ago so he would have a good home, however we are having some awful behavior problems with him.   I have never had a dog that absolutely doesn’t listen or learn.  He has food aggression with my female husky and will tussle with her if she even enters the room where his food is.  He has a good 50 pounds on her and am afraid he is going to injure her.  However, my main concern is that he has started biting our human friends that enter the house.  We keep him gated in the kitchen so he is separated when we have company but now he has gotten ahold of two people good enough to break the skin.  I really am concerned I need to find him a new home but don’t know how to start the process.  I have a new grand baby and definitely can’t take the chance of him hurting her.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

First of all if this is a new behaviour,  he  needs a vet check,  pain can make animals act in strange ways ,  also start feeding in seperate rooms 

I would also look into a behaviourist aswell to work with you and him , once a medical check has been given and he's been given the all clear health wise 

If you really do have to rehome him then have a look into husky specific rescues , I'm not sure where you're located so I can't help recommend any specific rescue centre or if you rehome him privately you'll need to make sure you find someone who knows how to work with a reactive dog otherwise he's just going to have a horrible life being passed around until it gets so bad someone has him pts

Is he nurtured?

Was he like this from day one?

I crate mine for feedings and treats. Or with high value toys.

How much exercise a day is he getting? Mine have had constant injuries or sickness (long story) But I have noticed if they do not get out of the house by day 4 they get very aggressive with each other and then will start being nasty with humans....

I agree with the above, get a behavioralist that knows Huskies. There is normally a reason for this.

I wonder what his environment was like at his original home.

Archived