Sad to see summer end, but...

SimkasMom

Hey all, Simka barking here that I hope everyone had a grrrrreat summer and are ready for fall!  In Maine, the leaves in the back yard are beautiful!  Green, red, orange, yellow and everything in between. They have already started to collect on the ground and pretty soon mommy will be raking them up and me and Grizz and crew will be jumping into the piles!  Oh, and mommy will get out her pumpkin and apple spice candles which make the house smell delicious.  Better than wet dog and mud! :)  AND since it is cooling down in the morning and at night, well, that’s my kinda weather!!!  Squirrels and chipmunks running across the yard, their mouths full of acorns and other nuts getting ready to hunker down. And (sigh) no more new summer sneakers :(  However, there will be  several pairs of new school sneakers just ready for tasting!  Well, hope everyone is doing well!  Bark later!

Simka

Hello, Simka and Vickie!  Here in North Carolina, it has been SO blazing hot and sunny and thickly humid, I hate it when mom drags me out for my short afternoon potty. When it really feels like fall here and gets cool again, then I will whip her back into shape!  I will start trotting from the minute we get down the front steps.. instead of walking slow in the heat! But right now we have this hurricane to get through...the wind is blowing harder, smells swirling everywhere...woof!

@Shepsky5 ~ How are you all doing in North Carolina with Hurricane FLORENCE Category 4, down to Cat 1 and now Tropical Storm?? From the news, it looks viciously bad there with 40+" of rain or higher, high surges, signifivant flooding, downed trees, and "LIVE" electrical wires down everywhere. I believe 7 people have parished and praying no more deaths. FLORENCE has stalled right over the same area (Wilmington) now for 3 days and still not moving with pounding the rain & winds.
(We are in Ohio and seem to get affected with all these Hurricanes, with Hurricane GORDON flooding our area last weekend. That's nothing compared to what you are going through.)
From one Husky lover to another. I pray you all are safe & doing well.
Godspeed [emoji120][emoji169]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Aw thanks for checking on us!

We are about a 3 hr drive from the coast ( they got the full impact!! ). So, we just have had 4 grey days of rain and wind....I don’t think Rumo’s fur  has been dry for days! No choice except to go potty in the rain. Trying to teach him to “ shake “ on command but no luck 😉We have not lost power, we are very grateful! Lots of flood warnings, so most people are playing it safe and staying home. When Rumo and I cAn go outside again and see Sun, we will be very happy! 🌝

Archived