Need some extra help

TheIcePhoenix

My Doggo/Fur Missile Husky Titan is a very well behaved Doggo for the most part be knows many commands such as Sit, Stay, Lay, Leave it, Down, Good Boy (as a command to go ahead), Go,  Down, Shake. But he only follows my commands when he feels like it. I would say it's about 40/60 for how often  he will do as instructed.  I had a shock collar for him but I sent it back because I saw his reaction just one time and thought that was very cruel. He is very gentle and non aggressive gets along with the cat perfectly fine and the cat gets along with him. I can play with him bare handed grabbing him by his teeth and play tug of war and he doesn't bite down or anything. So I am not sure what to do to get him to ALWAYS follow commands and not to be a runner. I do understand the breed and their behaviors and was prepared with knowledge before getting him. But I think he has ADHD or is particularly rebelouse granted he is only just turned 2. I really need some more assertive ways to establish that he doesn't get a choice and MUST follow my instructions first time asked and right away. Please advise. and thanks everyone!

P.S. He is fixed and updated on shots and microchipped.

15994928_10208248614521922_3363707849320793688_o (2).jpg

So far, I think you've done an awesome job with TITAN and the commands you've already taught him!!
I think he is just being stubborn at times, but does not have ADHD. (My two do commands went they want too, plus they're spoiled LOL!!)
I think all you need to do is a REFRESHER with training inside your home 2-3 times a week. Each training session should only last about 10-15minutes...they can get overly taxed or bored if it's too long. Buy training treats to make it more of a fun bond with you two. Go over the commands he knows, and you can teach new ones too. Keep practicing on "come," "stop," etc. Then at separate times, you can practice "without" using training treats. TITAN will eventually do the commands on the "first try" but it takes a little time with practice.
Games are especially great for mental stimulation, listening, excitement & bonding. Stuff like hiding a milkbone in your house, then tell him to "go find the milk bone," etc. You can even take him to a place/dog park that has Agility Training (something I'd love to do with mine just for fun), but it's good for building confidence in dogs and building a great bond between you two.
Just a refresher with TITAN. He seems super intelligent and will learn quickly!!! Hope this helps some.
BTW, love the photo...TITAN is beautiful!!
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

From my understanding they're Huskies and aren't always going to do as you say. There are many breeds who you can teach such discipline with but not the husky. That's my understanding/opinion anyway and certainly find ours will only do things when she likes

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

If you find out how let me know Blaze is exactly the same if he wants to do what I ask he will if he doesn't he won't, he is getting better with age but it's still his game lol he's 9 years old
Now I don't know if it's a male thing tho because my girl skyla very rarely doesn't do what I ask her she's a bit more obedient lol but not 100%

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I wouldn’t say that Husky’s are 100% obedient when you demand it from them, I’m only going off my experience with my 2. I think they are free thinkers, mine for the most part, and more importantly when we’re out and about will listen to commands given, easy, wait, gee, haw etc, but when it’s play time or in the house they go selectively deaf! I like that they think for them self tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I suspect the only way you’d get a 100% response is to start with the training as soon as you get a puppy and reinforce it every single day and tbh I suspect only a dog trainer is going to be able to put in that kind of effort. Luna has obviously had training of some sort prior to my taking her in and honestly you’d think she was perfect sometimes especially if there’s an audience but most of the rest of the time she puts up her “Sorry I’m busy right now” message and I can go hang. The cunning madam now meets people (with or without dogs) and goes straight to sniff their pockets! With her “lovely me” expression she’s a winner. No treat in the world is big enough or desirable enough to make her stop digging when she’s sure she’s found something though. Good luck, it will be fun being trained by your dog lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived