Back to vets!!!

Jo

Had Amy back to vet this morning, nothing to do with her recent pancreatitis or campylo bacter!!!

Noticed she was limping yesterday, checked her paw and found nothing, then later noticed an oozing little spot on her pad, the vet said it doesnt look like a typical foreign body injury so put her on anti biotics (again!!!)pain killers and rest and have to go back on thursday

Obviously I have googled and come back with Alabama Rot!!!! But I am going with the vets and not my over active imagination!! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well hope she feels better soon...any more antibiotics and she will make fer own in her poo....[emoji3]

I know!!! 5th course in as many weeks ( not all the same ones) I have become an expert at getting them down her neck!

Little update-
Last night I emailed a photo of Amys paw to my vet, it seems to be getting worse! Vet replied ( thats service for you ) and she said she thinks the whole pad will slough off and theres a big chance she may have to have a biopsy as they are not sure whats causing it and the anti biotics dont seem to be helping! Poor Amy, shes got a follow up appointment on monday so thats 2 more days to hopefully see an improvement, really dont want the biopsy route [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

IMG_0888.JPG
Very sore paw

Dare I say it but it looks alot better today..... fingers crossed for monday that the vet will say she doesnt need biopsy!! I think the snow really aggravated it and I am now careful to boot her foot even if shes only going out for a wee or mooch round the garden [emoji849]

Good luck at the vets x

Thank you the vet was happy with her paw, couple more weeks walking with a boot on and hopefully no biopsy so thats good news! Amy is really off colour today though with diarrhea and I’m wondering if its all the meds, or shes depressed as her walks have been cut short!! Will it ever end poor Amy [emoji17]

Great news! As Rob says about diarrhoea, not long now Amy till you’re bounding around, pulling mum’s arm out of her socket! Until them I’m sending you a squirrel or 2. [emoji883][emoji883]

@JO~ It sounds like things are looking up for beautiful AMY Baby!![emoji171] I don't know if her paw is do to ZRD?? But because Zinc deficiencies happen often in our snow dogs, I always give my babies a doggy chewable Multi-Vitamin daily and a doggy Probiotic capsule daily.
*What I have researched w/Multi-Vitamins:
~Average MultiVs contain 0.8mg of Zinc
~Senior MultiVs contain "5.0mg" of Zinc
*So on Days 1&2, mine get a regular Multi-V with "0.8mg of Zinc" along with a Probiotic
**On Day 3, they get a "Senior" Multi-V with "5.0mgs of Zinc" in place of the Average MultiV. So I give Senior MV once every 3days along with one Probiotic capsule.

MULTI-VITAMINS AVERAGE 0-7YRS OLD:
*For 10-50lbs per weight, "one tablet" is recommended per instructions on bottle *Dogs "over" 50lbs per weight, "1.5 or 2 tablets" are recommended per bottle instructions
SENIOR AGE 7+ MULTI-VITAMINS:
The same weight/instructions apply as shown above.
PROBIOTICS:
The same weight/instructions apply as shown above.
*(A Zinc Deficiency does not happen over night and takes time to be visually/physically seen.)
I hope this helps you and anyone else who may have a dog going through Zinc Deficiencies. All the best to you & AMY!!
[emoji171][emoji8][emoji252][emoji191][emoji259]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you Angie I think its a wound but Amy does get kefir everyday since shes had so many antibiotics lately, hadnt thought about multivitamims though!

I've been a little too lengthy at writing today LOL!! Too chatty as well...AJ says I need duct tape bcuz I talk too much or my mouth zipped shut!![emoji850][emoji23]
I thought you were giving Kefir to AMY, and then I gave you basically the same info LOL. Oh, would a kid's sock be good to put on AMY while wearing the boot to absorb any moisture?? (We've used kids' socks before regarding dew claws problems with our other dog.)
[emoji171][emoji847][emoji252][emoji191][emoji8]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived