A bit of help

Del boy

Hi folks just a bit of help.we have had our 15 week pup for just over a week now and since we have had him home he has always had loose movements when going for a number 2. Keep him on the dry food only, treat him when he toilets outside as in the process of getting him off pads. Tried him on chicken and rice last week.

As previously mentioned over-feeding is quite often the cause   -  but it may also be the feed.    Many dogs can not take wheat, gluten or starch  -  huskies particularly do not have the enzymes needed to digest these things.   Have you tried feeding raw?    Lunar had the runs for the first three years of his life and I tried everything.     I finally managed to transition him over to raw feeding and all his problems went away.

In addition, have you had your puppy checked over for worms in the stool at your Vet?? That's a definite cause of runs from various worms they can get from their Mommy. (A good breeder "should" have given you a paper with proof showing they got the first series of deworming shots at 2weeks old. But some breeders just don't want to spend the money on shots.) Anyway, there are 3 different series of deworming shots along with prevention of Bordetella, Parvo, etc., that your puppy will need given by your Vet.
I hope this helps.[emoji847][emoji171][emoji252][emoji191]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived