Back at vets

Jo

I thought Amy was well and truly on the mend after her pancreatitis, had to take her back to vets today with serious diarrhea and lethargy and she is refusing food - even fish which she loved last time

Got to collect poo samples for 3 days ( difficult as its been like water today!!) shes had anti acid jab and back on prokolin

Saw a different vet as we were squeezed in and she thought Amy was a bit young ti have pancreatitis and wonder ms if its something else presenting similar symptoms [emoji17]

Poor Amy [emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I’m considering asking for referral or scans, all 3 vets shes seen have a slightly different take on it bit I just want to get her sorted, its not like her to be so subdued

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Aww not again, I hope Amy gets better and soon!! It can be frustrating when you see different vets because they all have their own ideas on what’s causing the problem. I hope they get to the bottom of it.

She’s had some breakfast and water but really lethargic and just laying around, got to keep an eye on her and look out for signs of getting worse, she had me up at 2am to go out, spent half an hour roaming the garden looking for grass to eat then had diarrhea full of grass but at least I have the 1st sample to give vets [emoji33]

My daughter's dog went off colour, I noticed he was licking the floor and carpet, let him outside he ate lots and lots of grass which he then sicked up, clearly unwell. Took him to the vet who diagnosed a blockage which an x ray confirmed, surgery found a lump of bone lodged in his gut somewhere. If Amy hasn’t got a blockage then I’d be thinking something similar, maybe a growth? She needs an urgent investigation, it’s gone on too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More bloods poo samples sent off another course of antibiotics...... vet ringing later with blood results may be anemic!

Bloods came back with no sign of pancreatitis, protein and cholesterol little low but to be expected as shes not been eating properly, she’s had no more accidents and is alot brighter, full on bouncy on morning walk so hopefully on the mend thank you for asking [emoji4]

Just waiting on results from poo samples to see if she picked up a bug

Shes just chilling in the garden [emoji173]️IMG_0646.HEIC

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Hey Angie thanks for asking
She is so much better, meds all finished now so hopefully no more relapses, just waiting for the results of the poo sample checking for bugs
Now we have to be really careful of her fat intake as alot of fat can trigger an attack so no more cheese which she loves poor Amy [emoji17]she has lost some weight because of it but sure I will get her back up once she is back on her normal food

Archived