Husky suddenly scared of everything

Marihanna

For a few days now my boy started to be afraid of going outside to the backyard. Normally he would go to pee and run around. Sometimes we would lock him out while handling food, so he would sit by the door waiting for us to let him in. Although even this, he was never afraid of going outside.

But suddenly one morning he refused to go outside, even though we finally got him out, he just sat on the doormat. He eventually pee'd inside. So this has been going on for about 3 days now, we have to leash him out the door, and stand outside wait for him to pee.

He's totally fine when going on walks, so I assumed it was just some weird smell. But the only thing I found is my neighbor smoking one day near our fence. He's not out there 24/7 nor does he throw the buds into our yard, so I doubt the smell stays this long. 

While this is going on, one of our roommates moved out, so some furnitures were also moved around. And now even in the house he's oddly cautious and alert. Any noise he would jump. (My boy is a big scaredy cat, but its not like a totally different environment)

Before he would spend time outside, or try to steal our food instead, now he just stays in my room all day being a lazy potato. 

something must have spooked him while outside....only thing I can think of is take him out on on his leash and make it a play game till he gets it...I have a scared of a lot of things dog and do just that...

How old is he? Dogs can go through a fear stage around 6-12 months, become fearful, ignore previously obeyed commands, be clingy Amy went through this, they just need patience, space and reassurance

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived