*BUSTED!!*

ARMANI & ALINAH

My two little CHEWYS are OBSESSED with the HOSE REEL and up to "NO good" tonight!! I just came outside and caught ARMANI & ALINAH pulling and chewing on the hose/reel AGAIN!! I mean...they have their big water bucket close by!! Poor little hose reel has seen better days!!🤔

(OH NO, ARE WE CAUGHT🙄?!)42059f01b15ac4579b5a947cdca6161b.jpg

(JUST ACT NORMAL ARMANI!![emoji52])bbd887b235f8c38896f97a7182510b4d.jpg

(ALINAH, WEREN'T YOU HERE FIRST?!🤔[emoji58])754539be0b592e13e6de2bc74af95de5.jpg

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Hahaha Those two little trouble makers LOL eating that hose reel [emoji23][emoji23] I guess they just want to get the water themeselves hahaha [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] ALINAH playing innocent hahaha [emoji23]🤣 ARMANI thinking we are going down together hahahah [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Got to love them [emoji171][emoji175][emoji175][emoji177][emoji178][emoji813]️[emoji171][emoji175][emoji177]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Ha ha. To be fair mine used to rip holes in our hosepipe if we left it laying around too. When we bought a new one I much more careful with it and made sure it was put out the way when not in use. No way were they turning that one into s sprinkler system too [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Classic husky shenanigans! [emoji3]
Cai and Luka’s favourite chewing item were the back door mats, they’d shred them, I’m on number 7 now and they’ve left it alone for a few months now. They’ll prob outgrow chewing this at some point, just a case of when. Chewing on raw lamb bones helped mine.

Your huskies don’t seem very hairy and they’re lovely and slim, Luna looks like a barrel in comparison. I’m not sure about her coat at all, it seems almost impossible to get a brush or a comb right down to the roots, is that usual? I’ve tried and tried to get to skin level but although she’s very tolerant she doesn’t seem to like that much at all. Should I even be trying?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@LUNA-TIC
Yes you should. You can try every day for 5-10minutes (just little bits at a time).
1)FIRST PHOTO: I use the wire brush all over to get loose top coat.
2)SECOND PHOTO: I use the "rake" brush (that's what I call it) to get down near the skin where the undercoat is. I use it gently to not hurt them.
If LUNA's coat seems impossible or too hard to do, you could always take her to a Groomer. (JUST NEVER LET ANYONE SHAVE HER DOWN EVER bcuz their double coat fur helps COOL THEM DOWN and KEEP THEM WARM.) Then after a Groomer, you could keep up with LUNA's coat daily or every other day.
(About ARMANI & ALINAH, they have tons of fur OMG!! ARMANI's is getting super thick w/approaching winter. ALINAH has the softest, silky fur that's just smooth & slick. She is so so easy! I do wish they were fluffier, but I love them the way they are! Thanks for your compliments!)
I hope this helps some@LUNA-TIC!!🤗
(WIRE BRUSH for TOPCOAT)3d2853f82b1605eea4b1cb1db0dda5d1.jpg
(RAKE BRUSH for UNDERCOAT)7f837475248363fdcbf17ba07731bef7.jpg

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I’ve got all sorts of brushes, some even from my Old English, her coat was a nightmare, matted almost as you were looking at her! I have a slicker, a rake a comb with two different length teeth, a furminator, a brush that is spiky one side and a brush the other and a rubber brush that works very well on my cat lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@LUNA-TIC
Those brushes and combs sound great and you are set!!
(I have a Furminator I've never used. But most everyone on here says The Furminator is really bad to use on any coat because it can damage the fur/coats really bad. So that's one I stay clear of & may just throw it away.)
I would start out with using the wire brush all over. Then try using the rake going down LUNA's back to get her used to it again since she doesn't like that one and understandably so. Maybe do all the brushing for 5, 10 or no longer than 15minutes daily (since it can make dogs' patience & tolerance a little short because it can be taxing/stressful to them esp if they don't like brushing. You could always have some treats to reward her throughout and make it fun for her, brush gently & it may feel relaxing to her. I love brushing my dogs bcuz it gives a great bond between us & being gentle brushing, they start trusting you & think "this isn't so bad after all!" Plus they get tummy rubs every 5mins to keep that fun time going!!
Good luck with starting brushing LUNA again. Keep me posted how it is going!!
🤗[emoji178][emoji252][emoji179][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Just an idea, Luka used to run off when he saw me walking over to him rake in hand, so I bought a dog mitt and I used to massage him for for about 5 mins 3 times a day, praising him and a small treat once I’d finished. He tolerates the rake now and I still praise him and give him a treat once I’ve finished. Cai on the other hand loves me raking him, he lies on his back so I can rake underneath.

Just an idea, Luka used to run off when he saw me walking over to him rake in hand, so I bought a dog mitt and I used to massage him for for about 5 mins 3 times a day, praising him and a small treat once I’d finished. He tolerates the rake now and I still praise him and give him a treat once I’ve finished. Cai on the other hand loves me raking him, he lies on his back so I can rake underneath.

d0ae20d5e5f4f5d081a1d5dc11debe49.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

d0ae20d5e5f4f5d081a1d5dc11debe49.heic&key=ae5037bbfb586bc9833987a9cca9e2a9e5875612597dea004a6041cc20940205

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I use to have one of those them I left it on the floor and Tundra got to it. I thought it was Maliki hahaha Tundra loved it but didn't like things on the floor so he tore it to pieces LOL. I'm going to but one for Winter she loves massages [emoji813]️[emoji177][emoji179][emoji179][emoji175][emoji175][emoji179][emoji177][emoji191][emoji252]

@Chelseafan ~ That's a great idea with the massage mitt!! ARMANI used to love being brushed but he love to play all kinds of games with me. So now I trap him in the house (mean mommy)! ALINAH is good with it!
Now, I NEED A MASSAGE!!!🤗

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I'm with you on the massage [emoji4][emoji4]

Archived