ice needs his tooth out [emoji85]

mylilhuskyboyICE

so we went to the vets again today for his second vaccine and to check on his tooth. Turns out this vet thinks it has some pulp showing meaning that although he may not be in pain anymore it is likely going to get infected one day.. whilst looking in his mouth he also noticed he has practically worn all his back teeth down so there isnt a point anymore meaning when he gets older this will cause issues.

so onto the surgery. Hes booked in for the 13th of October 2017.. his surgery after my discounts is going to cost £330 - this is 2 20% off vouchers and a 10% off voucher :(

ive only just got myself "out of debt" so this is also stressful[emoji58]

The things we do for our dogs [emoji46]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Honestly I have no idea. Vets vary so much tbh.
My ice is just getting over pancreatitis and for four injections on Monday, another four shots on Wednesday (so also 2 consultation fees), and a pack of antibiotics in total it was around £260.
You could try getting a few quotes together from other local vets to compare? In all honesty if you’re getting a 50% discount then you might struggle to find anything cheaper elsewhere but it’s worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Worth every penny for peace of mind
Emma, I cant believe your bets charge consult fee so close together, mine usually waive it if its for same condition and seen close together!

Honestly that sounds about right , my vet quoted me £300 to have that lump removed off harley ,so I think u got it cheap even before discount (we didn't pay that much our vet discounted for us too , his choice to do that too :) )

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Yeah they don’t usually but I’m not sure if it was a mistake or because they came out to the car and treated him in there to reduce his stress. . They’re really great with the animals so I won’t grumble.

Edit: oh and I hit the wrong button that should have said £160. [emoji85]

I hope it all goes well. I think that's pretty reasonable with your discount.
Anaesthetics aren't cheap. Qualified technicians aren't either. The vet's insurance liabilities are not plus the cost of drugs... think : if a human has an op. of this scale it is at least around £3,500 before the f/up care.
(I'm a retired nurse - theatre, (all areas), wards, eye OPD, dental, ICU, CCU, ante- & post- natal. 🤗

If you started a fund project, I'd be pleased to put in a GB fiver. I may well need something similar one day and our fur babies are very special. 🤗

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived