Is this crate a good size for her?

Guardian_Zer0

Perfect

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Just need an old banker or padded bed if she doesn't chew these? Elbows & knees get calloused and the base is harder than ground/earth which can cause joint issues later. A good hard black nylon zip-on cover dog bed is great. Steam cleaning also better than washing as it does deodorise and wiping over with a mop works too. The inner padding can be washed separately.. as the inner waterproof section on cover starts to break up otherwise.

Old curtains from charity shops do last a bit as old blankets. . Cured mine from shredding. . I get small size blanket/rugs.. on top of their bedding - Chester likes his comfort sucker!

I have a blanket I will be putting in there with her, as for beds she's destroyed two of them (both in the same week.) but for some reason she refused to tear up that blanket lol.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Just a tip

Zip tie the sides and corners. Two on each side and one around each corner.

Huskies are notorious for escaping these crates.

Also the door that's not going to be used, they WILL learn how to manipulate the closing mechanism. :up:

Just a tip
Also the door that's not going to be used, they WILL learn how to manipulate the closing mechanism. :up:

Yep and when Koda has his first day in his crate, I came home and the crate was at the opposite end of the kitchen to when I had left with him still in it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Just a tip

Took your advice! I got lucky enough to have some laying in my toolbox. This only only has the one door in the front but I'm sure she will still figure out a way to open it up lol.

4aa3d11f3ea6450a0e09404c898a4761.jpg

Ended up getting two crate bowls for her yesterday and some new toys just to make it less stressful.

That looks good to me! Same size as mine I think [emoji4]

Mine are in the crate with no bedding as they just rip bedding to shreds

Mine does as well and then she starts eating it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I have a blanket I will be putting in there with her, as for beds she's destroyed two of them (both in the same week.) but for some reason she refused to tear up that blanket lol.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

Mine eats blankets n sheets too.

Just a tip

Mine has 60lb runner cable woven through the whole thing. The 40lb broke.

Took your advice! I got lucky enough to have some laying in my toolbox. This only only has the one door in the front but I'm sure she will still figure out a way to open it up lol.

4aa3d11f3ea6450a0e09404c898a4761.jpg

Ended up getting two crate bowls for her yesterday and some new toys just to make it less stressful.

She will chew through the zip ties. Mine has attempted to chew through the runner cable I have on hers.

Archived