Toxic plants

Jo

I was looking at this the other day, need some plants to brighten up my garden! If anyone can recommend any dog friendly plants it would be appreciated :) I've heard the bottlebrush plant is ok so going to get a couple of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Ornamental grasses are nice and give year round interest, not cordyline tho they are toxic for our dogs. Rosemary is another nice one and you can use it in your cooking! [emoji3]

Oh and lavendar, very pretty and smells nice too - not to be confused with Rosemary as OH did - we had lavendar roast spuds the other day!!!! [emoji3][emoji3]

Ornamental grasses are nice and give year round interest, not cordyline tho they are toxic for our dogs. Rosemary is another nice one and you can use it in your cooking! [emoji3]

Oh and lavendar, very pretty and smells nice too - not to be confused with Rosemary as OH did - we had lavendar roast spuds the other day!!!! [emoji3][emoji3]

Ahh brill thank you! I need to get pots of normal grass too for when we get fake grass, incase the pooches are poorly :)

Thats a good idea! I'd start those now, sprinkle some grass seed on pots of compost and firm in and keep moist, then they'll be ready for when you get fake!!

We're starting to sound like a gardening forum are we gonna be in trouble???[emoji47]

Thats a good idea! I'd start those now, sprinkle some grass seed on pots of compost and firm in and keep moist, then they'll be ready for when you get fake!!

We're starting to sound like a gardening forum are we gonna be in trouble???[emoji47]

Not at all having safe gardens is an important part of dog ownership! :)

herbs in pots couple types of mint all used in cooking and smell and look nice

NEVER plant mint in the ground it will spread and take over

also planting in pots keeps them up out of pee on height

Archived