Help

James and seb

Ive had seb the 6 year old sib for 3  years with no problems and since October last year he has been odd, but not every day, when in the house he won't leave my side to the point of putting on dead wait, if I make him move he just want to go outside and not come back in,just lies in 2 spots in the garden, again putting on dead weight when I try to get him in,

The main problem is at night he started by headbutting and scratching at the bedroom door and when I open it he just stares and pants intently, so we purchased a baby gate and stop him coming upstairs but low and behold he attacks the baby gate pretty much nightly he gets plenty of exercise and he is not on his own for huge periods of time, please help 

This started in October last year. Were there a lot of fireworks around that time that could have scared him maybe? Triggering a fearful reaction incase happens again? Trying to think of something that would have freaked him out back then that would have stayed with him. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Head butting and attacking isn't quite right. ASS - anxiety separation syndrome maybe ?- how is he out on walks?
Get vet to check head/scan in case something's not right up there. Dead weight is hard to cope with, and maybe he has a balance issue so 'grounds' himself on you or that fav spot in garden.
Any tick bites likely? = Lyme Disease - miltiple ++ symptons.
Panting = stress.. or pain. He really needs a thorough checkover head to toe. Check his stools, urine and bloods. If you have insurance, getting as much done in ONE visit/examination saves on your excess payments esp out individually.
Prayers winging.. hope it's sorted fast for you. Xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Thought - does he have part covered 'den' crate? This may allay some fears... some have one upstairs - smaller to curl up in with bigger one downstairs.

This is the problem, he can go from been happy bouncy normal seb, to crazy dead weight clingy seb with no warning signs or clues . Can anyone recommend an insurance company for huskys so u can get him tested for everything although I really think it's behavior led not health x

He has a den under the stairs loves it sometimes won't go near it other times lol I really have a crazy sib 

IMG_1697.PNG

Ask on www.successdogs.com
Jean Cote is so helpful. It may be he's *bored and frustrated too.. they really love to learn new stuff and keep occupied *there are those that escape & go exploring but they have no road sense and are v dodgy round livestock!
Have you thought of bikejoring or scooter? (not in the warmer weather coming now) but I've posted on 'Chelseafan's' posts on how to get started in some fun sports for both of you.
Prep training now, for next winter can set you up for some great times. . And, maybe a companion.. his behaviour suddenly reminded me of my boy Chester (@ just under two yrs then) when my last Westie passed.
Chester did exactly what yours is doing = he was pining for companionship! They are pack animals and very sociable. Maybe a female. . Be prepared she'll take Aloha position as they do in a pack too.. over an alpha male. The website has good support on integrating a new member - & I'm happy to help too of need be.
Three months later I got Eski aged 2.5yrs. Never looked bk. She did have serious food guarding & possessive issues now 98% sorted.. occasionally this needs a firm kind reminder I won't tolerate it! Lol - 5ddcc7ae07f17fe5202dcbbedb31ecf4.jpgaae0031088420c1c4a0c8d302d15c3ca.jpgad5881c92a8fc4ab9fd72e08d96c6866.jpg9e74b7bd5b5919a69b6e86e0ca764e06.jpg614ebf63c7351d05a9cd03f7c06ff66c.jpg Chester
Don't shop - ADOPT. There are SO many gorgeous huskies in foster care looking for a furever home.
HEART, SWHA, Husky and Malamute lovers and pounds and shelters. Go through the first.. as you'll get home checked and great followup support. Sometimes an older one not a pup will integrate more easily and less disruption with an over boisterous untrained pup.
Good luck. xxx

If it was fireworks which I'm doubtful of what would I do about that, could it be separation anxiety  if so what do I do it's causing so many sleepless nights not sure how long I can cope 

So sorry. I've only just seen this reply! I've read the rest of the thread and it seems like you're getting somewhere with this now. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived