It's hot

petertmartin

It's winter here, although you would never know it since we are having severe thunderstorms and threat of tornados and 60F temps!  We usually get a good amount of snow but we have had none since around Xmas!  

But in the summer i get a kiddie pool for them, or a tub of ice water like you have!

we do not get it that hot here ... but mine are normally either in the garden sunbathing and moving in the shade when they want to...and they can come inside when they want...and as long as they have fresh water every couple of hours they are happy as they can be...

Keeping the house cool, paddling pool for them to soak their feet in (think I use it more though lol), ice cube frozen treats, no walking until it cools off in the evening or early morning (who am I kidding, I rarely get up voluntarily in the early morning lol) air con would be nice but tbh you don't really get that often in residential properties in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

13 hours ago, Emma said:

Keeping the house cool, paddling pool for them to soak their feet in (think I use it more though lol), ice cube frozen treats, no walking until it cools off in the evening or early morning (who am I kidding, I rarely get up voluntarily in the early morning lol) air con would be nice but tbh you don't really get that often in residential properties in the U.K.

I think that's what I'll get next, or a big black storage tub that she can fit her whole body into. She used to fit into that clear plastic tub but within a couple of weeks no more haha. We don't have air con only fans and leave them on during the day, but she doesn't even seem that bothered she will go and sleep in rooms or places where the fans aren't even on anyway.

I think that's what I'll get next, or a big black storage tub that she can fit her whole body into. She used to fit into that clear plastic tub but within a couple of weeks no more haha. We don't have air con only fans and leave them on during the day, but she doesn't even seem that bothered she will go and sleep in rooms or places where the fans aren't even on anyway.

Lol yeah I started off with something smaller too and it didn't last long!

Yeah I'm not that surprised tbh because fans don't do anything to cool the temperature of the room, they just circulate the air around. Great for us humans who sweat all over our bodies and will benefit from the blast of wind but won't do too much cooling for a dog who lose heat through their paws or by panting. Cooling the ambient temperature of the room though will help to prevent overheating. Autocorrect keeps trying to say cooking instead of cooling, not very helpful!

You can get cooling matts from some places but I've not tried one myself tbh.

Mine hug up to the fridge freezer and I mean hug, it's a full body up on it. I bought a paddling pool last summer and they drank the water but wouldn't go in it, funny tho as we went to a friends barbecue and Cai was chasing around with a friends whippet and then decided to plonk himself in their fish pond which had a protective netting over the top of it, they weren't happy, but Cai was.

haha always going in places they shouldn't! Harlow loves the beach too she will splash around the water, I'm yet to get her actually swimming I did have her in the pool on Christmas day though and she had a good swim but won't really go in on her own

Archived