The start Zinc deficiency?

Ice gets bits like that. Although not so much recently. When he had sore looking bits I would put Sudocream on it (he hated that lol) he tended to lick a lot of it off but I think some must have remained coz it did heal up the tiny blistery bits he'd get.
I think people are recommending fish oil? I know I give mine sardines occasionally and their treats are dehydrated fish skins which they love. I think that's helping maybe?. The thing with Zrd as you probably know already is that the calcium restricts the absorption of the zinc which is why when giving extra sources of zinc its best done outside of meal times.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

A few days. I think it might be helping to prevent it more than anything. It's hard to tell as the red patches would flare up and then subside of their own accord anyway. Somewhere like over the course of a week or so it would flare up and then settle back down. On a nasty patch he would get a little blister on there which the Sudocream took care of well. (It's zinc based)

Another thing that I should probably mention is that most meats have a high zinc content and apparently they're better than sardines lol. I noticed tuna in oil was listed as being good and it's normal for me to use tuna in oil most weeks and the pups will get the oil and tuna remnants.

I don't mean to scare you but mine had almost similar symptoms and when we took him to the vet we discovered he was having Dog Mange - a skin problem caused by microscopic mites. Although not fatal, this condition can leave your dog with serious physical deformities if left untreated. So, hurry up and see a vet. 

Another thing that I should probably mention is that most meats have a high zinc content and apparently they're better than sardines lol. I noticed tuna in oil was listed as being good and it's normal for me to use tuna in oil most weeks and the pups will get the oil and tuna remnants.

She eats a lot of frozen beef but maybe she's not getting enough , ill get her some sardines anyway n some tuna in oil too :) thanks for all your help

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

ba0e1ccbf440520d480f49f2ba29cb68.jpg

Is this on Astro the same do you think?

Does look similar , Emma gave me some great advice , I'm starting skyla on some sardines and tuna in sunflower oil (gonna give her one every couple of days) and im putting sudocrem on it too , if it's no better after a few weeks I'm gonna start putting her on zinc tablets too , from what I've been told though is that zinc deficiency causes crusty scabs too which skyla doesn't has

Does look similar , Emma gave me some great advice , I'm starting skyla on some sardines and tuna in sunflower oil (gonna give her one every couple of days) and im putting sudocrem on it too , if it's no better after a few weeks I'm gonna start putting her on zinc tablets too , from what I've been told though is that zinc deficiency causes crusty scabs too which skyla doesn't has

Thank you I will try the tuna! It only looks a little bit red but it's been there for a few weeks now

Thank you I will try the tuna! It only looks a little bit red but it's been there for a few weeks now

I dunno if it's wishful thinking as it's only been 2 days now but with the sudocrem too skyla's isn't looking quite so pink now , she had sardines yesterday , ill give her the tuna tomorrow n then sardines again on Sunday , the sudocrem has zinc oxide in it which helps or you can get cream from boots which can help and it's cheaper , which was recommended also 12f35029ef68623d20b5f691bf360cb1.jpg

• 2 months later...
Ice gets bits like that. Although not so much recently. When he had sore looking bits I would put Sudocream on it (he hated that lol) he tended to lick a lot of it off but I think some must have remained coz it did heal up the tiny blistery bits he'd get.
I think people are recommending fish oil? I know I give mine sardines occasionally and their treats are dehydrated fish skins which they love. I think that's helping maybe?. The thing with Zrd as you probably know already is that the calcium restricts the absorption of the zinc which is why when giving extra sources of zinc its best done outside of meal times.

Our Tasha has a zinc deficiency her hair has been coming off was horrible for a while till we changed vets and my wife did some research

Archived