getting a new pup

Alicia Doyle

Congratulations. I don't want to be a miserable moo but if you're still having problems with Penny and Kaiser fighting then adding another dog into the mix could make things harder. Just something to consider before taking the plunge. Xx

• Like 2

Firstly congratulations on your decision to get another husky. Can't have to many. I can't help feeling though that Emma has a good point. If you are having problems with Penny and Kaiser fighting introducing another into the mix could cause you more problems. On a positive note, it may actually help their behaviour as your getting a pup. The biggest problem you have is that your not going to know until you do it. Good luck.

Gary.

Decisions. On a side note they dont get to come in the house that much anymore but with the new pup we couldnt have it outside so young so they would all have to come into the house so they dont get jealous a plus for them

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's a matter of weighing up all the pros and cons and making a decision on the result. With them all in the house they'll all be under your watchful eye and so may behave a bit better. Are they crate trained? Could you trust them on their own with the pup if you had to leave them? There are lots of questions to answer and only you can answer them. I'm sure there are plenty on here that could throw the questions at you though if you wanted them too. Have fun and enjoy. ;)

Gary.

One of the things to work out would be Josh's safety if a fight did break out around him and he got stuck in the middle of it. Going through things with him, letting him know what to do (back away and come to you) and what not to do (try to break up the fight) should help to tackle that one. [emoji3]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Storm and Angel got on perfectly when we added aurora. 

That was never an issue, Angels insistence to not have another dog in the pack was a huge issue. 

The girls even now years on have fights, proper fights over food. I have to be so careful, so careful. I have several  new scars from breaking up fights. Would I get rid of anyone? No of course not. My kids are old enough to know to not interfere if they do fight and we manage them perfectly. 

Integrating a newbie especially a pup is very hard. 

What we did was basically make pup bottom of the pack BUT ensuring the dogs knew she belonged to us. A lot of claiming her as mine happened. 

Treats went in order and still do now, storm, Angel and then aurora. Everyone sits and paws. 

Its not undo able. But don't think that a pup will fix issues already underlying. 

Hope I've given some help lol x

P.s. Are you sure you want a red???? 

You know they're crazy right?? 

image.jpeg