3rd Training run

Jase

This is our 3rd training run of the season and only the second time Ronin has run with another dog. 5.5km top speed 28kph - the other dog is an older veteran, so I didn't let Ronin push her too much.

You will notice the dogs switch sides towards the end. I thought I had taken the wrong turn, so I stopped and there was a bit of messing around to turn them around. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPT8xHhPL40

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, robke said:

very nice...have they run togethere before??... love it when mine get tangled...NOT...lol that is why I run most of the time without a neck line...

Ronin had his first run with her last week, and that was the only time he has run with another dog. This vid was their second run on the longer track. The mix up on sides was only due to my error with which path was correct. No tangles on either run. I won't be doing many 2 dog runs. Ronin is too fast for the old girl and I don't want her to be overworked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robke said:

if this is his second run with her he did alright as far as i could see...he was holding back a bit that I think you could see...

Yeah, I am very proud of him. The single dog was last years champion in our division and purely racing lines. We are gunna give em a run for their money this year lol. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether we place or get the red lantern -  we are just in it for fun :)

• Like 1

Looks fantastic fun  -  I would love to try it but am terrified of Marley seeing something in the bushes and veering off suddenly and me going flying.    Don't think my 65 year old bones would fare too well  :(

• Like 1

17 hours ago, loudlucky said:

Looks fun! You can see Ronin holding back, he's obviously way faster & stronger!

Thanks Cindy :)

13 hours ago, wolfpup said:

Looks fantastic fun  -  I would love to try it but am terrified of Marley seeing something in the bushes and veering off suddenly and me going flying.    Don't think my 65 year old bones would fare too well  :(

Thanks Chrissie, In the other vid I posted of his first run, he must have seen a roo, and really accelerated but luckily he listened to me and stayed on track - my friend is 55 and starting this year, so not too far off 65 ;)

Edited by Jase
  • Like 3