Morning Routine/Schedules

I get up and work from home at 5am.  The dogs drag themselves out of moms bed and go outside.  They come in get the greenie and then fall back asleep on the floor.  Grandma gets up shortly later and gets ready for work.  Tuff then proceeds to gently push her out the door with his head.  He then walks to the window watches her get in the car and as soon as she starts the car, he asks for his bone.  A few hours later after lounging and playing outside he comes in at 9am(aka lunch time for me) and pushes me to the bedroom for nap time.  He does this again at 2pm when I am off work.  If I am 2 mins late he will sit and stare at me.  

Am I the only one with a dog that does best with a strict schedule?  He has always been this way.  Aspen is a free spirit she just goes with the flow.  

We  stick to a schedule on the week days, and a loose schedule at the weekend, because there would be chaos otherwise, and we both work. It's usually an hours walk at 5.30am, feeding afterwards, then they both get a kong for the day whilst me and OH are at work, and then get another hour and a halfs walk or play down at the field when we are home. At the weekends we go to new places and do other things, but still loosely stick to this, otherwise we are woken up by wet noses and dogs climbing into the bed because they want to go out! I'm hoping this might change as they get older, but Hento is 6 this year so they may be no hope...

I think some dogs do really well with structure, especially dogs that suffer with SA or anything similar, and sometimes its the humans that need it too.

Ice gained a lot of security from having a schedule. The flip side being he seems to know when it's time for dinner, walks etc... And dislikes deviating from his normal routine.

Bear and Brooke will merrily go with the flow.

Sent via the power of telepathy.