tail curls

sorry about another question on tails but as ur huskies got older did u notice their tail get curlier? Blaze is nearly 16 months now and his tail has either got longer so it curls more or his curl has got tighter it seems 2 curl over n dangle on his side most ov the time when hes walking now and if its not on the side its deffinately touching his back - is he still growing at this age? (i thought he wudda stopped by now n just start 2 fill out instead) or is it just his tail? lol blink.gif

ill try and get a pic l8a so u can see

Well at 16 months they are still growing and get mature :-) His tail is probably set high and that is becouse it is curlied up. It is a fault in the standard but it is not a problem at pet dogs who are not for shows and reproduction. Look here is a link with the analysys for the tail (and down the page there are other body parts of the Siberian analised by Alice Watt, Bart Miller and Vern Harvey): Tail

Yep I know exactly what you mean Nix, Nukka's has started doing this too, to the point where someone the other day didnt believe me when I said she was Sibe not Mal! Wereas I met up with her Nukka's brother Neo the other day and his is held proper straight almost too straight not the show standard sickle that it should be! So I think its litterally just down to individual dogs as to how their tail goes! We think their gorgeous and they think we are so alls well in our lives! LOL! biggrin.gif

Well at 16 months they are still growing and get mature :-) His tail is probably set high and that is becouse it is curlied up. It is a fault in the standard but it is not a problem at pet dogs who are not for shows and reproduction. Look here is a link with the analysys for the tail (and down the page there are other body parts of the Siberian analised by Alice Watt, Bart Miller and Vern Harvey): Tail

OFF TOPIC: I watched the link that you posted. And there´s part where is showing "correct & acceptable tails". To my eye three of the pictures are incorrect tails in huskies. (first three to the left) Siberians tail should always be beautiful and round like a sickle. Some showing type huskies are having almost straight tails which are pointing up a like torch.

Here´s my dog Ruska in movement. Tail is not pointing straight like a torch. But isn´t too tight eighter. (I would be little bit tighter & rounder. And still fitting in breed standard. If tail is touching the back it´s too tight/ incorrect) :)

post-982-13585947189597_thumb.jpg

OFF TOPIC: I watched the link that you posted. And there´s part where is showing "correct & acceptable tails". To my eye three of the pictures are incorrect tails in huskies. (first three to the left) Siberians tail should always be beautiful and round like a sickle. Some showing type huskies are having almost straight tails which are pointing up a like torch.

Here´s my dog Ruska in movement. Tail is not pointing straight like a torch. But isn´t too tight eighter. (I would be little bit tighter & rounder. And still fitting in breed standard. If tail is touching the back it´s too tight/ incorrect) :)

Believe me that what those three breeder judges say, that is true. It is correct your dog's tail set too, but theese are correct too:

IMAG009.JPG

IMAG010.JPG

IMAG011.JPG