My Phone's Internet Is Messed Up

mydiamond

It's not the network. I can connect to the same network on my laptop and surf the net just fine. My phone, in the contrary, can connect to any network and still opens Google at super slo-mo. This drama started 2-3 days ago when I realized I need almost five minutes to get into one of my online games. No settings changes have been made beforehand. Worse yet: I now can't open Uber. The app just kept loading to the end of time. This is a huge issue since Uber is my only way to go to the local cinema :( I want to watch Blackhat! What did I do wrong?

Have you tried the obvious and shut it down and then turned it back on?    I've still got the iphone 4 and have had a few issues with loading facebook.  in the end the only way to fix it was to uninstall it and then reinstall.  Worked fine after that but was a pain in the butt having to do that.   Hopefully someone else with more know how will come along and save the day.  :)

At this point I'd try anything :( other than Uber, this problem has also locked me out of my two favorite online games that I'm dying to play right now. Strangely I can still play Candy Crush and Candy Crush Soda without issues :shrug:

EDIT: this is something else :( I can't connect to the app store. I tried to turn off the wi-fi and just use prepaid internet data but it's not working either :(

EDIT: Aha, I turned the phone off and back on, and all the glitches disappear. Weird. Looks like I need to turn this thing off every so often to prevent it from... I don't know, overheating?

Edited by mydiamond

Another thing to try to remember to do is to double tap the bottom button occasionally.  That brings up the page with all the apps you've used recently and you can swipe them up to close them down manually (after you've used them they stay running in the background for a few minutes and if something's crashed it will still stay open but crashed). 

I would probably suggest restoring your phone from from itunes if you have a backup. Wondering if its an update thats screwed it

I don't know updates can screw phones :( thanks x

Another thing to try to remember to do is to double tap the bottom button occasionally.  That brings up the page with all the apps you've used recently and you can swipe them up to close them down manually (after you've used them they stay running in the background for a few minutes and if something's crashed it will still stay open but crashed). 

Oh I do that a lot :lol: I find it amusing :P

Don't know much about iSh***s but sounds like memory getting full - clearing caches, temporary files will probably help. See no reason why this won't work with the 5: https://snapguide.com/guides/fix-a-slow-iphone/

LOL we got a Samsung lover here! :P some of those advice don't work with the 5 (like, we don't see minuses when we hold down the home button. It's for uninstalling apps now) but hopefully the clear history thing still works. Thanks! x

LOL we got a Samsung lover here! :P some of those advice don't work with the 5 (like, we don't see minuses when we hold down the home button. It's for uninstalling apps now) but hopefully the clear history thing still works. Thanks! x

Not so much a Samsung lover as an Android lover (but yes, I've a Samsung!) - and a deep rooted dislike of all things Apple (from decades of being in the computer industry)