The Rover

Jase

For no particular reason I seem to be on an Aussie movie swing  :)

Maybe I am biased but I really love the Aussie slant on post apocalyptic movie genre. Mad Max was one that started a whole swag of genre movies. What other country would have the lead actor wearing shorts throughout The Rover   :D Little details like this made me quite impressed.

The Rover is very different. Starring one of my favourite Aussie actors - the often underrated Guy Pearce and Brit - Robert Pattinson who shows that he really can act following the positively awful Twilight films.

This is a slow moving film full of atmosphere but may not appeal to everyone. I would classify this more of an arthouse film rather than action or adventure.

I give it a solid 7.5/10

Edited by Jase

Mad Max was one ARRRRR one of the worst set of movies ever..........................

As for this one I'll take a look ta :)

Mad Max and Mad Max 2 (1982) can't be that bad if ImDB give it 7/10 and 7.6/10 - Rotten Tomatoes gives them 95% and 100% rating, but everyone has different opinions.  ;)