Logo And Business Name

Alicia Doyle

Hey guys I know I have another logo thread but I'm using my phone and can't find it. So I'm taking bigger steps towards this business now. I have started a start your own business course, and I'm enquiring about beauty insurance, house insurance, public and liability. Also looking into renting a premises. Now I want to advertise so I want to set up a Facebook page, website, Google, Google ads, Twitter, paper, fliers ect. But I need a name and logo. So I already had the beauty room last time, now I'm wondering should I leave it at the beauty room or change it to Alicia's beauty room? Then if I decided to use an actual premises as a salon would the beauty room or Alicia's beauty room even work? Also then I would need a logo once I've decided on name. I know I enjoyed ye for ages over a logo before and I eventually gave up because I hated asking ye to change this and that when ye were doing it for free in your spare time. So now that's where I'm at fire your ideas at me please! Exited! [emoji2]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just me, but I would drop the backgrounds, especially for a logo. Otherwise, the rest all look great.

Too be honest I don't know why I ask peoples opinions I'm only listening to the ones I like and I like the logo lol.

I'm with you. Opinions are fine, but it's your baby, your decision, and you're the one taking the risks.

Huskies in the Heartland

...put it into the context of how you might advise or do make-up to someones face. Would you add numerous elements and colours all over the place or, would you opt for simple elegance where you see the best of the facial features and the person rather than the make-up? The logo should represent the philosophy of your style  :)

I know there is more to beauty therapy than make-up, so the above example is just to illustrate my point of view on the design  :)

Jase that makes perfect sense I may go for another option but my heart is set on the first one so much that if I manage to open a salon that I'm going to get couches in the background style lol, can't remember what the couches are called those longer style that the lady lies across for a painting

... you need to plan the logo around all possible uses - business cards, invoices, signage, advertisements, black and white and colour and of course targeted to the clientele you wish to encourage :)

Have a look relevant logos in beauty magazines and clinics like Ella Bache, Dermalogica, Fleur de mer  etc. Compare the feeling and impression you get from those to the one you like above. 

My wife is a beauty therapist LOL. I know the deramologica stuff is very clean and scientific looking, but it is just an example of a style. I haven't studied the market enough to know others that might fit your personality better, so it is just an idea of the type of professionally done things to look at  :)

Oh Marc Why couldnt you have posted earlier i literally just Saïd Feck it and sent money to a logo designer. still have a play though if you want, give me something to work off. On trying to set up my Facebook business page, my laptop is playing up all day Its driving me mad!