Advice Please

Jono00801

I'm rescuing a husky pup on Saturday and he will be 9 weeks old I want to put him on the best diet possible so I have decided on a raw food and veg diet however I need to know roughly the amount I should give him per day meat wise as all the guides say 400-500 gram day raw meat but that's a adult weight so any help would be great thanks for looking

Well done you !

First of all, pictures, pictures, pictures !!!!

As for the raw diet, I feed both mine raw and its great, there is a raw thread with loads of information, I just don't know how to link to it, sorry. But when you find it there is a link there to a weight calculator, so that should help.

Hi

Welcome to the pack - this thread will have a lot of info for you 

Copied the below from the thread for eas :)

Its really easy really, all dogs are fed the same, regardless of age, sex and weight. You always start off feeding 2% of the ideal adult weight, the only time this changes is for working sibes, when you feed 3%.

So for a female sibe puppy, you work out the amount using an average adult weight, lets say 21Kg. You would work out the 2% of 21Kg.

21kg / 100 x 2 = 0.42kg

convert it into grams:

0.42kg x 100 = 420g

There you have your daily allowance, split that amount into however many meals you want to feed.