What type of brush(s) does everyone use

Hock

I use a soft rubber Zoom Groom and coat rake daily, and the furminator when they're blowing their coats. Since Kaien's just a little guy yet, maybe a soft brush would be the way to go until he's used to the whole idea (no guarantees he won't try to eat it!). The Zoom Groom does a pretty good job of getting out hair, it just flies everywhere loose.

I use a soft rubber Zoom Groom and coat rake daily, and the furminator when they're blowing their coats. Since Kaien's just a little guy yet, maybe a soft brush would be the way to go until he's used to the whole idea (no guarantees he won't try to eat it!). The Zoom Groom does a pretty good job of getting out hair, it just flies everywhere loose.

This? Seems like it be awkward to hold :blink:

51KbM1n8hSL._SS500_.jpg

Aloha All,

We use 3 different brushes... We use the furminator, a wire brush, and a long metal comb... we like like to use the furminator because it takes out all the dead hairs. when we are in a rush we use the wire bush becauseit it is quick and easy. After we bathe the dog we use the long metal comb because it helps with the drying process...

If i had to choose what my favorite one is I would have to say I like the Furminator...

Yes, that is the zoom groom. I personally don't find it awkward to hold. It's just a small brush that's about as wide as the palm of your hand, and it's made of soft rubber (they have varying degrees of softness to choose from). I like it especially for brushing their heads and legs, but it is also good on bodies. As I mentioned, it is just one of three in my arsenal! smile.gif

Nukka is still little too and is only just starting to get her adult coat on so I'm still using a flee comb on her I guess it does the same as a rake type thing, just tends to pull out the loose under coat and atm Im pretty much hoovering on a daily basis as all her top coats on my livingroom floor!! Lol!

I did buy a brush that is sposedly specifically designed for double coated dogs and a rubber mit like thing but actually have never found either to be much use!

Right now we just use a slicker brush with double sides for Pongo (made by bamboo). We're just trying to get him to like the brush first because he doesn't like the feel of it. When he blows his coat for the first time, we're ready with the furminatorbiggrin.gif I like the slicker because it catches the hair as opposed to blowing it around the room lol