Condition During/after Undercoat Blow

We have 4 Huskys - 2 full blooded and 2 mixed with German Shepard. One of the full blooded ones looks pitiful after her undercoat blows. Her fur becomes extremely course and she looks like she loses weight. I know their size looks larger due to the coat; but I hate my girls to not look good. They only eat Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Any help would be so appreciated. She is about 4 yrs old, so this isn't the first time she had done this. ...I just want to help her. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you need to help her in any ways. She's just wearing her summer coat... which is designed to be shorter and coarser. The coarse fur is just the guard hair. 

EDIT: oh gosh I can't believe I forgot to say this. WELCOME to Husky-Owners :wave: enjoy your stay! x 

Ok. I just know the other one is always soft and full looking, even after her undercoat blows. The two mixed girls are different and blow their coats a little differently. Just wanted to make sure she's ok or I'm not missing anything that she may need

Thank you. I just found the site and love it

The one that is so course was very sick when we rescued her. The vet said she would not live thru the night. She had been with us about 4 1/2 years now. We got her at about 7 weeks. She was so pitiful. She is healthy. .. just course. Thank you for your help

Thank you as well, Robke. I can use any help I can get

not a problem any questions you have a stupid you might think they are ask and no doubt somebody here will give you a answer...we do not bite....hard...

Thank you. She was just so sick as a pup that I want to make sure she's ok. The vet said she was healthy; I just want her to look good all the time.

Thank you. They are our kids. All of our human kids are grown and gone ( 6 between us ) and they are our family now. They are all rescues. .. different situations for each, but we have really enjoyed them

Some shed differently to others my male doesn't really blow his coat so always looks fluffy and chunky my girl how ever ends up like a completely different dog, it depends on the dogs really, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them tho so not sure times anything that can be done

Two of mine have a longer coat and they don't look so bad when they blow but my other girl she looks a mess when she blows and looks skinny too yet weighs a healthy 26kg  :)