Back To Ubuntu

And this time I decided I want it all shiny. Plus I'm determined to finally learn how to use it properly in depth; before I've been going back to Windows in no time as I always felt like playing video games. Hopefully now I will take my time going through this OS.

post-9470-0-31149200-1394273848_thumb.pn

Stick with it you will get there. I also moved back to Windows after using Linux for a bit however purely because I am a Windows developer so it's something I really can't do in Linux. Otherwise I would still be using it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Stick with it you will get there. I also moved back to Windows after using Linux for a bit however purely because I am a Windows developer so it's something I really can't do in Linux. Otherwise I would still be using it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wee, linux buddy! Everything's going fine for now though. The other night I spent like 3 hours trying to get Apache, MySQL, PHP5 and a FTP server up and running together :eek: I was going back and forth removing and re-installing the packages until I finally got it to work. It felt great when it all worked out at the end :lol:

Would argue the first point. Less targetted maybe

Even when Linux becomes more popular at no point will it be any less secure than Windows due to the way it's been built. There have been a handful of exploits targeting Linux in the past, all of them have been patched within weeks. By default no program can do any lasting damage unless it's been started as root which would require manual actions from the user itself.

Less targeted? That's debatable. Linux is currently powering the majority of the web. Google, Facebook, this very website, your router which gives you access to the entire world, every smart tv, smartphones. Even the entire stock market depends on Linux nowadays. Can't see how it wouldn't be targeted these days actually.

Less targeted? That's debatable. Linux is currently powering the majority of the web. Google, Facebook, this very website, your router which gives you access to the entire world, every smart tv, smartphones. Even the entire stock market depends on Linux nowadays. Can't see how it wouldn't be targeted these days actually.

It is, however its personal computers who are more targetted, purely due to the nature of what people keep on them.

You also cannot do anything in windows for the same reason as the root login anymore either btw. In fact its actually so secure these days its extremely annoying to an end user.