bored of his toys?

Dou

Well I have a slight problem keeping Nukka from destroying her toys but she never gets bored of them! Even when its totally dead she still looks at me like I killed her hamster when take the pieces away!

So far shes gone through 2 balls on ropes (she chews the rope off), 3 squeeky pigs (The head comes off the stuffing comes out), 4 spongey balls (shreaded into tiney sponge peices and then tried to eat them), 1 tennis ball (she pulled all the fuzz of and cracked it in to) and she just this evening demolished a rope toy (she quiet litterally sits and unpicks them leaving bits of cotton all over the floor)

She also like to play with things that arnt remotly toys... toilet rolls insides she'll chase around and then shread and soda bottles are her favorite, and no matter how tightly you screw the lid on she ALWAYS manages to get it off! She also had an unhealthy obsersion with tasles, on carpets and blankets they just get utterly tawn off and destroyed! blink.gif

My boys have a few different toys - i found the trick with keeping their interest with them is to rotate them either once a week or every 3 or 4 days....that way it's new to them again smile.gif

Yup, this is what we do as well. Couple different toy boxes and we add new stuff from time to time.

We have too many toys, they play with whatever they feel like. Although we do have some set aside that they only get like once a week, since they rip them apart quickly.

I try to find odd toys that make noises or that are designed to be pulled/chewed, since they seem to like those best. They're not fans of rubber toys (although they do like the kong ones, they have the black one and a blue squeaker one they play with). Rope toys are always good, as well as anything stuffed (they gut those and rip the stuffing out). Haley also likes tennis balls or anything she can play catch with.

So far their toys are the 2 kongs, about 10 rope toys (including a 4ft long one from tracter supply, they already destroyed the first one so we got another last night), a rope ball, an air kong squeaker bone (no longer squeaks since they killed that), an orka pine cone, this soft ball thing that I found at the grocery store ($4 and Haley LOVES it), this battery powered ball thing that rolls around on the floor (I keep this one hidden, as Kahtadin learned how to open it and chew the moter, but he likes to play with it so I let him have it every now and then), a battery powered squirrel that bounces around on the floor (another that stays hidden so they don't rip it apart, as I find it hysterical to watch them play with it), a soccer ball and a football that Kahtadin likes to chew on, and a bunch of toys they don't play with (a paw trecks tire that they don't like, a hollow ball they chew on every now and then, two dogzilla toys that they don't like I think because of the smell, and probably more that I can't think of right now lol).

They've gone through maybe 20 rope toys by now (dollar store is great for rope toys lol), a ton of tennis balls (they're not allowed to have them unsupervised, as Haley rips off the felt and eats it, and then gets sick), one other orka pine cone, 2 orka jacks, an older air knog bone squaker (Haley ripped the felt off that one too, so we had to throw it out), an air kong dumbbell that they destroyed, seveal air kong squeaker balls, a frisbie, a bunch of soft toys (again the dollar store is great for these), a canvas "tough brute" toy, ect.

So they're never bored, as they have so many toys it's rediculous. We try to get them a new one about once every week or so, even if it's a cheap dollar store one, just so they have something to keep their attention. Or if they're really bored, I pull out the hidden ones and let them play with those for a bit. My next one will be an Orka frisbie, as Kahtadin was trying to play with a frisbie at the dog park (playing with the german shepards that were chasing a frisbie, he tried so hard lol. Haley might like it as well, since she loves to play catch).

Try rotating the toys. Don't leave him with them all at once, leave him with one or two. Use the toys to train and play with him. To be honest if I used toys more in training (my obedience dog is more food driven than prey driven) I wouldn't leave toys out at all, to make them all the more exciting when I bring them out for training.

i, too, try to get a new toy about every week. saturday is pet adoption day at petsmart so we take ours to the store to shop around then. they have tons of toys and like some others, sky loves to tear the skin off of tennis balls.

she likes her orka jack so much she's eaten part of it.

the only toy that they both like so much that they actually kind of fight over is a nylanbone dental toy

http://www.nylabone.com/products/pro-action-advanced-canine-dental-device.htm

I have noticed the same thing with Sadie, so just an idea... When you notice that your dog is not playiong with a toy put it away for a while and when they stop playing with there toy of intrest remove that one and giver them one of the older ones again, IMO it is like watching TV, you get into a show sometimes you tend to be so wrapped up in that one show you forget about all the others that you used to like watching, then oneday you are flipping throught the channels and find the one you used to watch and start watching it again...