iams puppy food

right my pup has been on this since she started eating apparently,

she hasnt had solid poo since we have had her (a week) shes 8 weeks old, and been wormed yesterday, i can see worms in her poop, and the worm eggs which i feel sooo sorry for her having them all inside her

i think the iams maby too rich for her?

im trying her on purina beta puppy food?

any experiance stuff?

Well, my opinion, and that's all it is, neither of those foods is too good. Not sure what else is available in the UK. You might want to take a look at some of the other posts on the forum and see what others are feeding and the results they have. Also, a very good site to do research and check the ingredients is http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com. Maybe though, after the worms are taken care of, things will clear up. Just make sure you pick up the lawn chocolates and dispose of them properly.

Well, my opinion, and that's all it is, neither of those foods is too good. Not sure what else is available in the UK. You might want to take a look at some of the other posts on the forum and see what others are feeding and the results they have. Also, a very good site to do research and check the ingredients is http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com. Maybe though, after the worms are taken care of, things will clear up. Just make sure you pick up the lawn chocolates and dispose of them properly.

lol carpet chocolates more like bahahahah, yeh we fed our gsd cross on that beta stuff and he was fine, really heathy and his teeth were imaculate!

Worming is a must - at this young age you will need to worm once a month until around 6 months - speak with your vet though as different brands have different instructions.

Make sure you're feeding a PUPPY food and not an adult food. The iams / purina i've never liked personally, but that's just my opinion. Have a look at the ingredients and compare them to other high quality brands of food....James Well Beloved, Burns, Arden Grange etc

I dont know if you have this food there but a friend of mine here has her husky on NATURAL BALANCE (fish and potato) as she said her girl was having the same issue with the food she was on as a pup, and she said that Sadie has had no tummy or digestive issues since being put on this. I am considering Natural Balance as well because I think Solo may also be food sensitive as I wormed him last week (poor baby was overrun by worms too) and still he is having frequent loose stools. I never had any issues with chewy and his tummy or digestion, but I think Solo may not be handling the food they are on very well. Natural balance and Iams both have this kind of food and Iams sensitive food is Called Iams FP. I may go with natural balance because it gets better reviews and ratings though. Use your yahoo or google search thingies and check it out, both companies have "where to buy" pages so you can find a store that sells them.

We switched to Iams for dogs with diarea to stabalize Kino and then to the natural Iams for puppys. I strongly recommend it to get your dog back to a solid.... yah... once things have balanced out you may want to slowly change over to the all natural Iams and see how that does. You will end up feeding less with the natural Iams then with normal Iams so it offsets the added cost. If the natural Iams doesnt work either switch back to the Iams for diarea... wait till it balances out then try with a different food. Make sure you slowly introduce new foods otherwise your just going to cause the diarea.

good news peeps, we took her to the vets because she was getting really dehydrated, her wee waqs very yellow and she was drinking lots and lots ,

so the vet gave us some stuff called canikur pro, and the second poop after taking this was nearly perfect!

i give her 2mls twice a day, its like toothpast.

and its working a treat, keeping her on iams food but weening her onto hills science which i think is one of the best around,

so yeh, he said that puppies often when moved from home, get unbalanced tums, and need a little help settling them to get them back to normal.

ile keep you informed but it looks good so far.