Help Me With School Project?

mydiamond

So I'm currently studying HTML at school and I wonder if there's any way of making a slideshow of pics in HTML? Like some of you guys' animated signatures? Google is not helping  :mellow: thank you!

Can't help I don't code

and my sig was done as 3 separate GIFS

Marc and Jos may be able to help

I've tagged them for you

I think I can correctly answer part of this - with HTML5 ( and javascript ) you can.  Google "html5 slideshow tutorial"  That's probably a little more advanced than your instructor would expect but the couple I looked at actually do a nice job.

I don't think it can be done with out more script in anything less than HTML5, though.

Okay guys, is there a way to use CANVAS and do it natively in HTML5 / CSS??

A slideshow with just HTML is not possible. Although maybe with css3 but I doubt that's the direction you need to go as no one else has even tried such thing before.

Just to be sure, with slideshow do you mean pictures that automatically flip through once in a while (like this), or just a row of pictures that you can click? (like this). Are you supposed to use Javascript in this?

A slideshow with just HTML is not possible. Although maybe with css3 but I doubt that's the direction you need to go as no one else has even tried such thing before.

Just to be sure, with slideshow do you mean pictures that automatically flip through once in a while (like this), or just a row of pictures that you can click? (like this). Are you supposed to use Javascript in this?

aww no we can't use java :( thanks for the help anyways. I was supposed to create a HTML website and my team can't decide what to put up as a homepage banner. So I suggested having a slideshow of pics but looks like we have to go with just one. Thanks guys!

aww no we can't use java :( thanks for the help anyways. I was supposed to create a HTML website and my team can't decide what to put up as a homepage banner. So I suggested having a slideshow of pics but looks like we have to go with just one. Thanks guys!

In that case such slideshow wouldn't be possible no. You can still maybe use the page I provided to see how I did it. If there are any other html questions I can answer them as well. 

Also, just for your information: Java is not the same as Javascript. Javascript runs inside your browser in combination of a html page. Java is a standalone programming language that hasn't anything to do with the browser :)