Huskys And Reptiles

Hi. I have an b/w Argentinian tegu who is just over a year old. Called tiny. My staffy gets on well with him but I'm not sure weather or not to trust the huskys round him. I get him out and hold tiny and let the huskys have a smell iv been doing this every day since iv had my pups but I'm really not sure wether they want to eat him or play with him. His viv is in the front room so they smell him around all the time. This is the huskys with the tegu today post-10781-0-30144500-1377782774_thumb.j

Ice licking her lips. Or was it just a coincidence with the pic

post-10781-0-87186900-1377782876_thumb.j

Alaska's eyes. I can't work out if she wants to play or if she is thinking yummy dinner

Tiny gets the run off the front room while I'm home but iv not been able to let him out as much.

Will my furbabies ever be able to get on with my tiny?? Excuse the mess my twins have been drawing all day lol

honestly I won't even trust huskies with a turtle. Any small pets need to be supervised closely. Reptiles included. I think it's sorta possible to make them lay side by side, tolerating each other's presence and all but I'm afraid that's all about it

Btw I think I watched about tegus in Pets 101 in Animal Planet the other day... is it true that they're very canine-like?  :o

I do as I don't want tiny to be dinner. Do you think tiny could ever be part off there pack if I keep introducing them? The tegu is quite a cleaver lizard

However he would need to be both More clever AND faster than a determined Husky

and that's a tall order. 

At the end of the day you know your dogs. Only you will

know if you can trust them.

honestly I won't even trust huskies with a turtle. Any small pets need to be supervised closely. Reptiles included.

Btw I think I watched about tegus in Pets 101 in Animal Planet the other day... is it true that they're very canine-like?  :o

Yes it is. Tiny will eat out the same bowl as my staffy when I give her wet foot. He has away off hitting the glass on the viv if he wants the loo. He's better house trains than my huskys too lol

I think time will tell. The huskys do bow down and wag there tales at him as tho they want to play But I'm to worried to let him on the floor. When iv got. Him out the huskys do go in his viv and have sunbathed in there. So I'm kinda hoping they will accepted him one day but I do know I will always have to be very carefull

That's great. Question for ya...Do they acknowledge commands if you were to ask them to do something while Tiny is out? Or are they completely fixed on him?

Well when I'm holding him I don't tell them any commands as I'm worried that they might think he is a treat. When I let him on the floor for the first time. I told them to sit and to leave when they got to excited and they listened to me.