What do you think?

I have never had 2 huskies at once before so Im thinking strategically about how I want everything arranged at night when we go to bed. Here are the two options I was thinking of.

(1) I want to be rid of this big ugly metal crate Ive got so I was thinking of getting 2 plastic crates for them to sleep in. The breeder says solo is potty trained and has never been crated befoore, so I was thinking maybe Ill just skip the crates and go with option 2.

(2) make the dining room which is where the current crate and kid/dog area is now, into a nighttime room for chewy and solo and put up pressure gates and buy some dog cushions they can sleep on.

What do you think? Im leaning toward the gates and cushions since chewy is house trained as well, but not quite sure.

I'm not to crazy about option 2, because our last Husky, Elke, would rip up carpet, destroy anything made of wood, and potty to her heart's content. But every dog is different. It may work out. You'll just have to see. But I would have a backup plan ready to implement. Good luck.

The only thing i was cncerned about is if they will chew up their doggie beds. Chewy hasnt chewed one before just cried until i took one back out of his cate because he didnt want it in there, but dont know about if solo will chew a bed up though, lol. Think he's never had one actually.

I'd keep the crate just in case, or have one for Solo if the one you have is strictly Chewy's. If Solo is good the first night in the playroom, then I would let him sleep there. But if he starts chewing or having potty accidents, you might want to crate him. We crate Kahtadin when we're not home, and at night when we sleep. Haley has full run of the house. Kahtadin is great in the house when someone's home to supervise him, but I don't know if he'd chew up furniture if left on his own. He did chew a pillow last week while lying on the couch, and has destroyed Jason's old comforter which sits on top of the crate - pulled the corner into the crate and chewed a big hole, and then proceeded to de-stuff it. Came home to stuffing all over in the crate!

Kahtadin was never crated before we got him either, we used treats and praise when we started krate training him, and Kahtadin LOVES his crate, he won't sleep anywhere else at night. We say "Tadi, time for bed" and he goes right into the bedroom and into the crate. We tried letting him hang out on the bed with us this week, he stayed like 5 minutes and then went into his crate. He also goes in there when he's tired during the day, and when he wants to get away from Haley if she wants to play and he doesn't. So the crate provides him with a secure place that's all his where he can go to relax and rest. Haley doesn't go in there and leaves him alone when he's in there. So maybe you'll want to keep the crate in case Solo needs a place to go to sleep or chill away from Chewy. It might alo help him settle in, if he has a "den" to go to where he'll feel comfortable.