marking territory

At what age do male dogs start marking territory? Kahtadin is reaching 5 months old now, and tonight he's peed in the hous four times! He hasn't done this in weeks, since he's started learning to go outside he has been going to the door and sitting there when he needs to go. But tonight, he's gone into the dining room and peed either on the carpet or by the table! No going to the door, no signal that he needs to go out, nothing! Jay told him "NO!" each time he was caught peeing inside and immediately took him out, he still gets praised for going outside, just like when he was potty trained. Any ideas or advice on this? Could it just be a phase or maybe (hopefully) a result of too much water today?

At the moment Max is doing this, but it is only in the mornings, I get up and go out early before others are up, when I get up I let both dogs out in the garden, and even go out with them.

Day to day is different, the only common thing is that it happens between when I go out and the other 1/2 gets up, I belive this is a bit of worry marking, as it is not the same each day. although in same areas, what we are doing is cleaning it up, with proper cleaner, with no fuss, you can not tell him off if time has passed, if I catch him doing it, that will be a different matter, and he will get told off.

From what I know it is a time issue, he will stop it, at some point, I am going to try to get him to lay down in the areas he is doing it, and make a fuss of him in the evenings, to see if that works next.

Al