Teething Puppy

jade789

Jade is teething and i noticed her breath smells bad... and on her bottom jaw she has 2 molars the same molar on each side that is kind of greyish and her gums are a little puffy, darker and discolored. Is this normal? I called the vet and they said it's normal. I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks

Kahtadin has lost most of his baby teeth and has adult teeth on his upper jaw now. The latest tooth to come out was Sundy, while he was wrestling on the bed - can always tell, since he gets blood all over Haley's head (we kept wondering where it was coming form, thought he kept cutting her but it's from his empty tooth sockets lol).

We give him rope toys to chew on, which work well. WE also gave him a frozen washcloth at night, it got messy when it melted but worked well. He also likes chewing/teething toys, his favorites are these ones made by Orka (he has the pine cone and the jack, both with ropes attached. He managed to pull the rope off the pine cone, but hasn't yet destroyed the blue rubber part).

Did anyone's teething puppies wake up during the night a lot? Kahtadin was getting up just about every morning at around 3AM, and then crying. We think maybe his teeth hurt, which woke him up, and then he had to go out. And then wanted to eat, drink, and play. Before that, he was sleeping the full night through, and now he's bac to sleeping through the entire night again (now it's Haley getting us up, cause she wants to play. Today it was 4:50 AM!).