I Need Some Computer Advice..

musicalxheart

Okay so I am a nerd and love my PC games. Well, really the only PC games I play are The Sims 3 and Roller Coaster Tycoon and that's only when I have the time to actually sit down and play which is very rare lol. Anyway, EA is releasing 3 new expansion packs for The Sims 3 this year and I'm definitely buying 2 of them, the third one hasn't had a lot of information released yet so I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not it's suppose to have a Time Travel theme or something like that.

So here's my dilemma... My current desktop will not be able to handle more expansions. I've already had to uninstall a couple expansions because my computer would lag really bad trying to run the game, my in-game graphics and other settings are set to medium or low and the game STILL lags even after lowering the settings and uninstalling a couple expansions. The game is very demanding of my current computer and I'm looking to buy a new desktop. I want something that is meant for gaming as well as everyday use. I need something that will allow me to play ALL my Sims 3 expansions on it as well as the two or three that will be released this year, plus my Roller Coaster Tycoon game. I would also prefer to be able to play all my games on high settings with wonderful graphics and little to no lag at all. I also need something that has a lot of memory on it so I don't have to worry about taking up too much space with my games or other things I need to install on my computer. I'm not the most computer savvy person so I really don't know that much about the inside of a computer and how all of that works. I also really have no desire to learn how it all works, lol. I need someone that can tell me exactly what I should get, since one of the Sims 3 expansions will be released on March 5th here in the US and I want to get it and play it as soon as GameStop calls me to come pick it up (I pre-ordered it for the limited edition content). I would love to get a computer from either Dell or HP.. But I don't have a very big budget so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get a new computer right now. I might have to wait a little longer to get a new machine to play my games on. However, I just want someone who can look at the games and their specs and then find a computer that will go above and beyond those specs without breaking the bank too much lol. I just get too confused and eventually I get a headache from trying to decipher all of the technical stuff that I just give up. I've asked a million times on the forums on The Sims 3 website and no one ever gives me any valuable advice.. It's really frustrating.

Here's the website for The Sims 3: https://www.thesims3.com/

If you go there, on the blue banner across the screen go to games and then you can view the base game and then the expansion packs to see the specs. I have all the expansions up to Seasons.

I would just really appreciate any help I can get! :D

Sorry can't help but nice to hear of a fellow sims player :D

Oh awesome! I don't have a lot of friends that play The Sims, my husband does occasionally just so we have some type of game that we both enjoy besides Halo, lol. He is secretly obsessed with TS3 as much as I am LOL! I just can't play much right now because I'm always busy it seems and because my game lags so much that it drives me insane to even attempt to play..

First, I am also a fellow Sims player ;-)  I have a site that I found that will tell you what you need to play the game, I will look for it and get back to you.  I am able to play the Sims 3 games on my laptop just fine, so I can get you the specs on that and let you know. 

Also, SimCity comes on in March!  Have you played that before?  It looks very cool !

OK, so basics to run the Sims 3 game:

1.8GHz Processor

1.5 GB RAM

6.1 GB Hard Drive

Of course the more expansions you have, the larger your hard drive needs to be.  So, I looked on Dell, and if you don't need a monitor here is what I found:

Dell Inspiron 660

$349.99

2.9 GHz Processor

4.0 GB RAM

500GB Hard Drive

That should be enough to run your Sims games and expansions, as well as Roller Coaster Tycoon (which I have as well..LOVE IT!)

My Laptop is

1.86 GHz Processor

2.0GB RAM

320 GB Hard Drive

And I have about 8 expansion packs and other games installed with no problems.

Hope this helps!

First, I am also a fellow Sims player ;-)  I have a site that I found that will tell you what you need to play the game, I will look for it and get back to you.  I am able to play the Sims 3 games on my laptop just fine, so I can get you the specs on that and let you know. 

Also, SimCity comes on in March!  Have you played that before?  It looks very cool !

YES!! Now I know two more Sims players!! :D I've played one of the SimCity games a long time ago, it was pretty neat. I want to buy the new one too, it looked pretty awesome, and I love the social aspect where you can play with your friends online.

OK, so basics to run the Sims 3 game:

1.8GHz Processor

1.5 GB RAM

6.1 GB Hard Drive

Of course the more expansions you have, the larger your hard drive needs to be.  So, I looked on Dell, and if you don't need a monitor here is what I found:

Dell Inspiron 660

$349.99

2.9 GHz Processor

4.0 GB RAM

500GB Hard Drive

That should be enough to run your Sims games and expansions, as well as Roller Coaster Tycoon (which I have as well..LOVE IT!)

My Laptop is

1.86 GHz Processor

2.0GB RAM

320 GB Hard Drive

And I have about 8 expansion packs and other games installed with no problems.

Hope this helps!

Oh wow! Thank you so much for looking! I'm going to go to the Dell website and check out that computer now. It sounds awesome though, and as long as it will run all my Sims 3 games, plus RCT and maybe a couple other games then I'm sold on it, lol.