What on earth have you done ?

xkillxpants

The site loading slow is nothing to do with the skin we are using on the site, it is to do with our host having problems with the PHP setup on one of their servers and would happen whether we use this skin, the blue skin, the default skin or just plain text.

The only thing that could slow down the site with regards to the skin, are the graphical elements. The images that load the gradients etc are no bigger or smaller than the previous skin and the largest element of image loading on the site is the image rotator on the top of the forum which is none skin specific.

One of the main reasons that the skin was changed in the first place is because there is a new version of the forums software being released which will not support the skin previously used. I can add the skin to a selector at the bottom of the forum however you will need to bare in mind that it wiill not be supported by the site.

I wouldnt want to be seen to ignore these posts, even if I disagreem therefore I have run some testing on the forum now the servers seem to be up and running correctly. For no other reason to ensure the forums are running at their optimum.....

Have a look at the debg images from both the old skin and the new ... Both tested on the same thread (word association thread) at the same time for accuracy. The new one actually out performs the old skin, therefore not only is it not slower, it actually loads quicker.

Darker one is the new skin .. lighter is the old (yeah yeah I know that was obvious LOL)

post-1-13585941638289_thumb.jpg

post-1-13585941638575_thumb.jpg