Scootering

Sarah

Yippee, I love scootering, went out for a run tonight.

My first scooter was a Kickbike, which was fine, no problems with it. BUt then we had a fire, and I got an insurance payout, so I bought a Pawtrekker:) Having a brushbow makes a huge difference I think.

I have just invested in a new Pawtrekker, the full suspension model, which is fantastic. The brushbow is quick release, so makes it easier to stick it in the van and the brakes are disc brakes, easy to adjust, and really good at stopping. One of the reasons I went for the full suspension model this time is that my 7 year old son comes with me sometimes, and with the extra spring thing on the back of the running board, it gives me somewhere to put my other foot (ever practical).

I have fallen off once, but totally my fault. On a beach, a bit busy, so had Sky and Diesel pulling and I had Gus, our rottie x attached to my belt with a lead. He saw something he wanted, so stopped, cos I was attached to him, I also stopped, but the sibes and the scooter kept going - imagine the rest. My 14 year old came a cropper a couple of months ago, was a brilliant fall, the dogs turned, he didn't and did a very graceful fall backwards into a bush. So, my mantra is always wear a helmet.

Great fun Sarah, you'll be totally hooked.

Do you ladies and gents think I could get a good scooter shipped to me in hawaii?? I was just looking at the pics from the camping trip and that looks a bit easier than biking...lol.

I think Pawtrekker are actually an American company, so yes, you could have one:D

what are the disc brakes like on those scooters as i have the disc ones on my bike & find they aren't that great at stopping you quick. I prefer v- brakes if dogs are pulling me. There is a pawtrekker with v- brakes but it hasn't got a brushbow.

I've got two pawtrekkers, one has now been handed down to my son. That one has the V brakes, and has always been okay, but I think the disc brakes on the newest one seem better, although he doesn't, he prefers the v brakes. I've only used the new one with the discs with a sibe and a smallish crossbreed, so we're going out at the weekend with two sibes, will see how they hold up then. A friend runs hers with a mal and a labrador and has actually adjusted them slightly so they are a little bit softer as she felt like she was going to go over the handlebars!

• 6 months later...

Okies Marc has agreed to buy me a scooter for xmas yippeeeeeeeeeeee

So - I know I need the xback harness and lines - what scooter is best - pawtrecker?

Anyone got any good / bad experiences or pics of you on a scooter please upload :up:

get a dax scooter sarah my mate has one there ace -really light-and easiest scooter for a dog to pull-plus the brushbow goes further over the wheel so it more level with the dogs so less strain that other scooters.plus it folds away so its easy to take to places-he is selling some for £300 at mo-but othered me 1 for £250-so if you wanted 1 he could give it u for that i reckon.

let me know -i do think there the best onces at the moment though-oh and the part you stand on is really quite wide so its quite comfortable too.-and great suspension