who do you prefer?

what trainer/methods do you prefer?

i personnally prefer ceaser but was just watching its me or the dog and think that victoria stilwell IS good and may start trying to use some of her methods aswell.

what do you think?

I voted other. Since we have been with our behaviourist I much prefer the methods she has taught us. She has taught us completely natural methods to regain leadership without forceing them into it all. Ive never watched Victoria Stillwell so wouldnt know about her methods. Ive watched ceasar many times and yes will admit I used to admire how he got dogs to become followers and not leaders but since have learnt that his methods do seem to be forceful to the dog (i.e. pinning them down, taking them into a situation they feel stressed or uncomfortable, etc). I still think he is good at what he does and not all of his methods are forcefull but I just prefer a more natural approach where the dogs can become followers at their own pace.

The methods our behaviourist uses she learnt from a behaviourist named Jan Fennell - http://www.janfennellthedoglistener.com/ I have recently bought one of her books which our behaviourist recommended to me to read which will help me out when I go ahead for the behaviour and training course :) I will put review on the book once I start reading it. Since we started we have not had to force the boys into a sitution where they feel stressed, not had to force them into submission (i.e. pin them down) and they are much more relaxed and I see alot more of them being fully relaxed without a care in the world now. Im sure those that went camping, I know a few did mention it who had met the boy before we started, that all 3 of them were alot different in good way this time around than what they were like before. Just look at the difference in marley with other dogs, first he would have gone straight to battle mode but at the camping he actually backed off if another barked at him and he was good as gold!

• 2 weeks later...

i've watched both shows. and they both are good.

they're both on the same page as far as pack leaders go. and as long as you have that down, the rest sort of falls into place.

Victoria just focuses more on training the dogs and the people and Ceasar focuses more on rehabilitating the dogs and training the people.