New Member - Rescued Husky for Rehoming

Hi there,

My name is Jennifer and I recently rescued a Husky from Euthanasia at our local Animal Shelter.

I don't know anything about Huskies and I adopted him having a family to take him too.

Unfortunately the family's other dog didn't like him so he lasted a whole 2 days. He is now being fostered by my mother and I am in desperate need to re-home him. Any suggestions. I have 2 female dogs that I have rescued and fight amongst each other, so I can't bring him to my home. He's too much dog for my mother (she's 68). Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. he's a really loving dog just needs a good home that understands huskies. I spent the weekend with him and he did great while I was there - I walked him plenty and my son made sure he ate.

I've posted a picture of Newman to my avatar - I hope it shows up. He's approximately 4 years old and right now is very underweight. We are working on that. We don't know his story other than he was found on the side of the road and never claimed.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Being in the UK, I'm not sure about breed rescue centres over in USA. We have a Siberian Husky Welfare Association who are breed specific & will assist with rehomes, etc. Also Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain, among others. Is there a husky welfare in your area that you could turn to for help if none of our members here are currently in a position to take him in?