Long Leaders

Right I let Alfie off the lead the other day in a semi secure field as nice as it was to see him running i was quite scared that he would escape. He came straight back to me but I know that theres a chance he might not. So can anybody recomend a long leader 10m ish. Im frightened that the retractable ones will snap. Im also worried that a length of something will hurt him when he gets to the end of it. any links to ones you use would be appreciated.

Cheers Robson

I use an 8m (26 ft) retractable lead on both of my huskies, one of which, Diesel, is 40kgs :eek: & not had a problem with it snapping, just make sure the attaching hooks are metal & not plastic.

Some guys will be along throughout the day who use other leads, too, & will give you their advice :D

I use an 8m (26 ft) retractable lead on both of my huskies, one of which, Diesel, is 40kgs :eek: & not had a problem with it snapping, just make sure the attaching hooks are metal & not plastic.

Some guys will be along throughout the day who use other leads, too, & will give you their advice :D

i use the same lead! no problems with snapping as yet and oscar pulls quite a bit! what i try and do it shot Wow just before he gets to the end so there isnt such a jolt on his neck as it comes to the end!

My male Kai cannot be trusted to be off leash like my female Cypra. I bought a 30ft lead from petsmart to use with Kai, and it is one of the best things I have ever gotten for him! Now we can play fetch or let him run in nearby fields or in my backyard. Good luck, hope you find something that works!

I use a 50 foot training lead and connect that to my 26 foot retractable lead. It works out great in that he gets a full 76 ft of lead to run on and with the retractable I am able to slow him down before he hits the end of the lead at a full husky run...I've had too much experience with this and none of them have been enjoyable!